Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Noob looking for server help

maxm

With lots of beer in me, I started to think about getting a dedicated (preowned) server.

I'm watching ebay, but no clue what to pick as I'm more used to gaming/workstation hardware.

I'd like to run about 10-20 clients of DB at once, any tips/suggestions?

I don't care about my internet speeds as I got 8Gbit/s 🙂

Any tips about CPU/RAM/Whatever etc would be amazing!

I don't mind ebay at all, just feel lost looking at CPUs as the server side of them are totally different oppose to Gaming/workstation.

So I have no clue what to watch out for. 

Versus renting I prefer buying a second hand one, as in the long run it's cheaper and I can always re-use it for something else if I get bored of botting

1 hour ago, maxm said:

I don't mind ebay at all, just feel lost looking at CPUs as the server side of them are totally different oppose to Gaming/workstation.

So I have no clue what to watch out for. 

Versus renting I prefer buying a second hand one, as in the long run it's cheaper and I can always re-use it for something else if I get bored of botting

yeah i feel ya

i believe RS only utilizes one core (could be wrong but im 94% sure it does), but i believe the more important factor is the RAM since the bots are mostly using that. as well, each script uses a different amount of RAM, but something like 32GB of ram and a decent CPU can probably run a decent amount of bots, this would also depend on using the regular or the stealth injection.

3 hours ago, pharaoh said:

yeah i feel ya

i believe RS only utilizes one core (could be wrong but im 94% sure it does), but i believe the more important factor is the RAM since the bots are mostly using that. as well, each script uses a different amount of RAM, but something like 32GB of ram and a decent CPU can probably run a decent amount of bots, this would also depend on using the regular or the stealth injection.

Yeah no clue tbh.

Mind if I list some of my findings here; perhaps you could say if it's worth it or not: (At this point of me browsing the marketplaces)

2x Intel Xeon X5570 CPU 64GB RAM -> 100$

- 2x Intel Xeon X5650 2.66 GHz (6 cores) -> 150$
    - 96 GB werkgeheugen (4x 16GB + 4x 8GB)

2x Intel® Xeon® Processor L5520 @ 2.26 GHz -> 60$
    32GB DDR3 RAM

Again, no clue if it's decent enough to even run like 10 clients.. But if it is, for those prices I can hardly rent one for 2-3 months lol

Also before anyone starts the power-bill .. I already have some machines 24/7 on, but they are all Windows workstations. Not ideal for this 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived