Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Best settings for world hopping (avoiding timed out)

ronold

Hi dreambot forum,

I currently run a few scouting bots  in the wilderness.
    Unfortunatly they get the error "Too many login attempts" after about 2 hours.
    From that point I keep getting them.

I'm curious what some good "Break", and hopping time settings would be to avoid this and make the bots run 6 hourish without issues.
    Obviously I want the bots to hop as quick as possible but I understand this aint possible. Currently the hopping time is set at 30 seconds

I have a lot of experience with this and there isn't really an ideal break time because it depends on how many times you are hopping per hour. The "too many login attempts" is IP based  and it usually means you're exceeding the world hopping limit (I wish I had the hard numbers for what the world hops/hr limit was). I don't think anyone has the numbers or how long it takes for the break to disappear. Im also trying to test on several accounts as to how long it takes for the IP ban to disappear. I have not tried this but I think a more ghetto way of getting around this is to make a bash script with Quickstart to kill sessions every 8 hours (or as many times as you get rate limited for world hopping) or so and switch proxies since the ban is IP based, not account based and then rotate the IPs. 

Archived