Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • General principles for scripting and improved performance?

msemtex

Hi all,

I have been scripting for just over a month now and have to say that I really appreciate the Dreambot API and how intuitive it is to use (props to the devs!).

Are there any general principles to apply when structuring a script and ensuring a decent level of performance? Performance could cover: CPU consumption, Antiban, refactoring methods etc.

Hey there, glad to hear you're enjoying the client/API :)

As to your script performance questions, I'd suggest using a profiler (VisualVM works well and is free) to profile the client while it's running your script. Using a profiler is the best way to see exactly where the hot spots in your script are, and should give you a much better idea of where things could be improved.

On the client's side, you can lower the FPS in the client settings for some solid gains in performance, but be aware different scripts can be more affected by lower FPS than others. As always it's best to measure and determine if the cost/benefit lines up for your needs.

Hope that helps!

Archived