Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Too many clients open. (Not attempting to bypass instance limit)

InstaBan

I can have 2 clients open for hours and the suddenly it prompts me that I "have too many clients open" when I only have the allowed 2 clients open and am not in any way/shape or form trying to bypass the instance limit. It has done this ever since I started using DB and has persisted throughout that time. I do play on RuneLite in the background, could this be mistaken as another instance of the client?

Don't expect a fix but will try anyway,

Insta

5 hours ago, InstaBan said:

I can have 2 clients open for hours and the suddenly it prompts me that I "have too many clients open" when I only have the allowed 2 clients open and am not in any way/shape or form trying to bypass the instance limit. It has done this ever since I started using DB and has persisted throughout that time. I do play on RuneLite in the background, could this be mistaken as another instance of the client?

Don't expect a fix but will try anyway,

Insta

Has happened forever.  How often do you experience this?

Perhaps has to do with how the Client interacts.

On 11/8/2021 at 7:58 PM, rune adam43 said:

Has happened forever.  How often do you experience this?

Perhaps has to do with how the Client interacts.

I had a thought that it may be a tactic by the developers to encourage people to pay money to upgrade but in my eyes I'm not paying to upgrade if I can't run the 2 instances I'm meant to be able to. Next thing I'll pay for premium and have the same issue so counterproductive if that is the case.

I've come to the idea that it may have something to do with alternating scripts although I've had it happen after 24 hours with no interaction with the PC.

If I could run the 2 clients as promised I'd have a lot less hesitation in upgrading to allow more clients but for now I'll keep experimenting with other clients that don't have this issue.

11 hours ago, InstaBan said:

I had a thought that it may be a tactic by the developers to encourage people to pay money to upgrade but in my eyes I'm not paying to upgrade if I can't run the 2 instances I'm meant to be able to. Next thing I'll pay for premium and have the same issue so counterproductive if that is the case.

I've come to the idea that it may have something to do with alternating scripts although I've had it happen after 24 hours with no interaction with the PC.

If I could run the 2 clients as promised I'd have a lot less hesitation in upgrading to allow more clients but for now I'll keep experimenting with other clients that don't have this issue.

I can assure you we don't employ any sort of dark patterns or manipulative tactics like that to make people upgrade.

There's usually only a couple reasons for this issue to happen:

• You recently quit and reopened a new instance, in which case you might need to wait a minute or two for us to realize the other one is closed
    • If your network drops or has any intermittent issues there's a possibility where one (or both) of your instances would "re-register" with us, so for a short period of time it would think you were running 3 or 4 instances (which is above the 2 it's expecting) so it'll stop one or both depending on how it lines up

Unfortunately with providing a free service there are many people who try to abuse our free tier, so we have to take measures to try and prevent that, and one of the downsides of that enforcement is sometimes these false positives can happen under certain circumstances :(.

Also, if you were VIP/Sponsor, the server wouldn't care if you were running any number of extra instances (via one of the methods above) since there's no limit, and these types of issues can't happen then.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:57 AM, Pandemic said:

I can assure you we don't employ any sort of dark patterns or manipulative tactics like that to make people upgrade.

There's usually only a couple reasons for this issue to happen:

• You recently quit and reopened a new instance, in which case you might need to wait a minute or two for us to realize the other one is closed
    • If your network drops or has any intermittent issues there's a possibility where one (or both) of your instances would "re-register" with us, so for a short period of time it would think you were running 3 or 4 instances (which is above the 2 it's expecting) so it'll stop one or both depending on how it lines up

Unfortunately with providing a free service there are many people who try to abuse our free tier, so we have to take measures to try and prevent that, and one of the downsides of that enforcement is sometimes these false positives can happen under certain circumstances :(.

Also, if you were VIP/Sponsor, the server wouldn't care if you were running any number of extra instances (via one of the methods above) since there's no limit, and these types of issues can't happen then.

Can't these problems be mitigated? Especially since it's an ongoing and apparently well known issue? Could the server react with delay in mind? Check for too many instances, wait the theoretical 2 minute delay you stated and check back again. I do recall that the issue would reoccur until I'd reset the system.

Archived