Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Paint not displaying

choucter

Just recently, the paint has stopped displaying on all of my scripts. I haven’t made any modifications to the scripts, and the only change I can see is that the client shows “SCRIPT RENDERING DISABLED” in the top heading. I haven't noticed this before and wondering if this is my issue. I’m running Dreambot 3.9.9.

Unfortunately, t can’t figure out how to re-enable script rendering.

·       Ctrl-R toggles between script rendering disabled and all rendering disabled.

·       I don’t see anything in the client settings to enable rendering, only a checkbox to disable it.

·       Checking Javadocs, I found Client.setRenderingDisabled. I added Client.setRenderingDisabled(false); to one of my scripts but that didn’t change anything.

·       Lastly, I searched for something in the forum but everything I found explained how to disable rendering but not re-enable it.

·       I did find a suggestion to put a try…catch around the paint and check the error message. I’ve used try…catch successfully with a GUI but couldn’t get it to work with Paint.

My question is could the script rendering being disabled cause my paints to stop working? If not, any suggestions what else it could be (different scripts, different characters, all fail to display the paint).

Hey there, you can re-enable the script paint by enabling Developer Mode in the settings (or CTRL+D I think), and it's in one of the menu bar items :)

I'm not sure how it was disabled if you didn't do that manually though :o

Thanks for the replies.

CTRL-D did enable Developer Mode and I found the solution in the Client menu - it has a checkbox for Show Script Paint. 

You guys are the best! 

Archived