Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Can I do this to measure game ticks?

Nynjal

Hey everyone!

I was interested in measuring game ticks and I did this by clicking on random tiles and calculating the delta between the click and when my character begins moving (Players.localPlayer.isMoving() == true).

After doing this a few dozen times, it seems like the delta is < 1s, but not < 0.6s (+ some small term), which is the actual time according to online sources. Does anyone have any ideas why this could be? I don't seem to have any lag when I run these tests.

Thanks!

I've tried this in the past and I am definitely measuring intervals anywhere from 300ms to 900ms. Make sure you are doing this on a world that is in your region, otherwise targeting specific ticks consistently becomes next to impossible. There's a good chance that isMoving() doesn't return true immediately at the start of a new tick either,  I've personally found XP drops to be most reliable to time this sort of stuff.

22 minutes ago, SubCZ said:

I've tried this in the past and I am definitely measuring intervals anywhere from 300ms to 900ms. Make sure you are doing this on a world that is in your region, otherwise targeting specific ticks consistently becomes next to impossible. There's a good chance that isMoving() doesn't return true immediately at the start of a new tick either,  I've personally found XP drops to be most reliable to time this sort of stuff.

OK, that's a good sanity check then, as I saw nearly everything below 900ms. There aren't many points, but it's kind of a cool pattern when they are ordered by time. I also wonder why the horizontal clusters exist:

(If the game ticks were truly 600ms + I am measuring correctly, the points should all be under the purple line)

image.thumb.png.49b5255d154ac6232022165d0120ef4f.png

Archived