Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dreambot maven repository versioning

Big_J

Is there an endpoint I can use to browse the maven repository? I'm noticing there have been client updates, but I'm struggling to find the matching version changes in the maven repository.

Any help is much appreciated! :)

Also while I'm here, could you bundle the javadocs with your dependency? Thanks again 

Hey there!

We don't have a traditional Maven repository or do proper versioning due to security reasons we only keep the most recent version available (now only DB3, Maven version 3.0.0). I'm not super up to date on how Maven detects changes but I do touch the files so it should be able to tell last modified has changed. Again I'm not 100% sure if that's how they work, so that might be wrong and you might need to force update the Maven cache.

Again I'm not well versed in managing a Maven repo but I will look into bundling the Javadocs with our setup, thanks for the suggestion :) 

So it looks like I got it added (and added checksums for the pom, client, and javadoc), it looks like to force clear the Maven cache you can run this:

mvn dependency:purge-local-repository

It worked for my little test, but downloading the documentation did work so I think we're good? Let me know if it isn't working for you.

@Pandemic

This isn't referring to my local maven repository. 

I'm referring to DB Client 3.4.5, I can only access 3.0.0 (implementation 'org.dreambot:client:3.0.0') from maven.

Has 3.4.5 been published to your maven repository? :)

EDIT

Just confirmed, the version in your maven repository is not up to date; https://cdn.dreambot.org/maven/org/dreambot/client/3.4.5/client-3.4.5.pom returns a 404.

52 minutes ago, Big_J said:

@Pandemic

This isn't referring to my local maven repository. 

I'm referring to DB Client 3.4.5, I can only access 3.0.0 (implementation 'org.dreambot:client:3.0.0') from maven.

Has 3.4.5 been published to your maven repository? :)

EDIT

Just confirmed, the version in your maven repository is not up to date; https://cdn.dreambot.org/maven/org/dreambot/client/3.4.5/client-3.4.5.pom returns a 404.

Like I said above, we don't do proper versioning on the Maven repository, and 3.0.0 will always point to the latest version of DreamBot.

I don't keep and make available older versions of the client for security reasons, which is why you can clear your local cache (using the command I posted) and re-download the 3.0.0 dependency with now available javadoc :) 

Okay, I understand.

It would be nice if you uploaded the version as 3.0.0 and 3.4.5, they can both point to the same, latest version. That way I don't have to purge my local cache constantly.

It's a win-win :) 

10 minutes ago, Big_J said:

Okay, I understand.

It would be nice if you uploaded the version as 3.0.0 and 3.4.5, they can both point to the same, latest version. That way I don't have to purge my local cache constantly.

It's a win-win :) 

The reasoning for keeping it at just 3.0.0 is because our API doesn't change very often, and you usually run the client through our launcher or the downloaded client directly anyways, so even if you have an outdated version as a script dependency it should still work (especially now that we're done clearing deprecated methods for the time being).

Yea I get that, but if there are any bug fixes/api changes, I have to clear out my local cache completely, it makes no semantic sense. 

I don't run the client through the launcher when I'm creating scripts, as I want to be able to debug etc, so this would be a great help for me.

You'd need only update 3.0.0 and add the latest version, whilst deleting any intermediate builds.

7 minutes ago, Big_J said:

Yea I get that, but if there are any bug fixes/api changes, I have to clear out my local cache completely, it makes no semantic sense. 

I don't run the client through the launcher when I'm creating scripts, as I want to be able to debug etc, so this would be a great help for me.

You'd need only update 3.0.0 and add the latest version, whilst deleting any intermediate builds.

I can do that but it'll be mostly manual for now, so if I forget a version message me and I can update it.

No problem.

I've done some research, if you set your gradle dependency as follows:

implementation("org.dreambot:client:3.0.0") { changing = true }

then it should automatically pull in the latest version, without having to purge any local cache.

Archived