Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Generating a hash based off of the current username [DB3]

bap

Hey! I wanted to have sort of 'human profiles' to my scripts so I decided to get into username hashing and that username hash is the seed for a random number generator then you can base your profiles off of that number and it will always be the same :)

Code:

private String username;
        private long seed;
        Random random;
        private int number;
        private boolean shouldGenerateHash = true;

@Override
        public int onLoop() {
            if (shouldGenerateHash) {
                if (Players.localPlayer() != null) {
                    username = Client.getUsername();
                    seed = UUID.nameUUIDFromBytes(username.getBytes(StandardCharsets.UTF_8)).getMostSignificantBits();
                    random = new Random(seed);
                    number = random.nextInt();
                    log("Random number based off of username: " + number);
                    shouldGenerateHash = false;
                }
            }
            log("Done");
            return Calculations.random(800,1150);
        }
                log("Random number based off of username: " + number);
                shouldGenerateHash = false;
            }
            log("Done");
            return Calculations.random(800,1150);
        }

Still trying to get a way to have the numbers a bit lower somewhere around the 10,000's as now it generates way above that.
    This is what I got from my test:

3:44:21 PM: [SCRIPT] Random number based off of username: 459183759

I'd like it to be in the 10,000's or at least in the 100,000's so it's a bit more manageable to generate profiles for.

Hope you guys like this snippet and that it comes in handy :) 

You have to be really careful when generating random numbers, especially when using the same seed. You will always get the same "random" numbers in the exact same order every time you run something, which actually makes this example extremely detectable from a pattern detection perspective.

What we do internally is a SHA-256 hash of the username, and we use that to set ranges and parameters that we use in conjunction with a standard, time based random so while the actions/timings are within a unique range per account but you're not getting the exact same result each time you run a script.

To your question about getting a number within a set range, you can use the modulo operator, it returns the remainder of division:

int randomNumber = 2009;
    int numberLessThan20 = randomNumber % 20; // The remainder of 2009 / 20, which is 9 in this case

7 minutes ago, Pandemic said:

You have to be really careful when generating random numbers, especially when using the same seed. You will always get the same "random" numbers in the exact same order every time you run something, which actually makes this example extremely detectable from a pattern detection perspective.

What we do internally is a SHA-256 hash of the username, and we use that to set ranges and parameters that we use in conjunction with a standard, time based random so while the actions/timings are within a unique range per account but you're not getting the exact same result each time you run a script.

To your question about getting a number within a set range, you can use the modulo operator, it returns the remainder of division:

int randomNumber = 2009;
    int numberLessThan20 = randomNumber % 20; // The remainder of 2009 / 20, which is 9 in this case

But humans aren't truly random, so wouldn't it make sense to keep a similar characteristic across bots?

2 minutes ago, notsmile said:

But humans aren't truly random, so wouldn't it make sense to keep a similar characteristic across bots?

Yeah, that's why we set certain parameters and standard ranges per user and use that to help the normal time based random.

If you use the "random" number you have up above, every time you use a Random with that same seed, you'll get the same outputs like this:

// First script run

sleep(random.nextInt(1000)); // 443
    // Do something else
    Mouse.move(random.nextInt(400), random.nextInt(300)); // 101, 201

// Stop and re-run the script

// Do something else

// Forever

Just now, Pandemic said:

Yeah, that's why we set certain parameters and standard ranges per user and use that to help the normal time based random.

If you use the "random" number you have up above, every time you use a Random with that same seed, you'll get the same outputs like this:

// First script run

// Do something else

// Stop and re-run the script

// Do something else

// Forever

Ah ok, that makes sense then. Hopefully I'll be able to improve on it! :) 

Archived