Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • [MacOS Big Sur, M1] Client lags hard on builtin laptop screen, not peripheral screens

SilentNight

This is a bit of a strange one - I'm happy to help with troubleshooting as well.

I noticed that the DreamBot client lags very hard on my builtin MacBook pro display, but not on peripheral monitors connected over thunderbolt or DisplayLink.

If it helps at all, the standard, unwrapped OSRS client does not have this issue on the builtin Mac display, which is what leads me to believe something funky is going on with the DreamBot client.

I'm seeing about 1fps to as bad as 1 frame per 5-10 seconds. Because of this, I don't even try to run bots on the default screen.

The workaround is to just run the client on other screens, but this may still be worth noting/looking into.

Hey, thanks for the write back.

I hesitate to assume you meant it this way, but your response came off pretty terse and sarcastic. That being said, it was so out of the blue, that it was kind funny. Here's my own take on the same format:

"a simple read would tell you that my situation isn't entirely the same."

The client works fine everywhere but my builtin screen, which is different than all those posts.

Also, I offered to help troubleshoot with anyone who is qualified and wants the help. I'm on an M1 mac (which nobody else has mentioned as far as I saw, and yes, I did look), and I offer a workaround, which may help others. 

If you're someone who can work on the client, and want to hop on a call at some point for troubleshooting, I'd be happy to make some time for that. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same exact problem as SilentNight. The dreambot client is extremely laggy on my Macbook Air m1 (Big sur). No issues with the regular OSRS client.

• 1 month later...

ive got similar issue with freeze frame whenever mouse is not on the client, and when mouse is on the client only shows a couple frames and then freezes. 

Using a 2020 Macbook pro Big Sur. 

• 4 weeks later...
    On 2/20/2021 at 6:58 PM, cashcache said:

ive got similar issue with freeze frame whenever mouse is not on the client, and when mouse is on the client only shows a couple frames and then freezes. 

Using a 2020 Macbook pro Big Sur. 

Im having the identical problem and its frustrating. Does anyone have a work around for this?

Archived