Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • pressKey/releaseKey/holdKey functions?

holic

Hey all,

I've been going through the javadocs tirelessly trying to find any sort of pressKey or holdKey type functions with no luck.

I know not everything DreamBot is in the docs (like setDrawMouse) so I thought I'd ask about it.

If there isn't a method with the current API, is there something along the lines of this that I could do instead?

(new KeyboardEvent(getClient().getInstance(), "", false)).pressSpecialKey(KeyEvent.VK_CONTROL);

I want to be able to hold control and click at the same time to sprint.

You may be able to use something similar to this, though I haven't been able to test it.

Instance instance = getClient().getInstance();
    Canvas canvas = instance.getCanvas();
    Inventory inventory = getInventory();

instance.setKeyboardInputEnabled(true);
    mouse.getMouseSettings();
    canvas.dispatchEvent(new KeyEvent(canvas, KeyEvent.KEY_PRESSED, System.currentTimeMillis(), 0, KeyEvent.VK_CONTROL, KeyEvent.CHAR_UNDEFINED));
    	//code
    canvas.dispatchEvent(new KeyEvent(canvas, KeyEvent.KEY_RELEASED, System.currentTimeMillis(), 0, KeyEvent.VK_CONTROL, KeyEvent.CHAR_UNDEFINED));
    instance.setKeyboardInputEnabled(false);

1 hour ago, StonedFarmer said:

You may be able to use something similar to this, though I haven't been able to test it.

Thanks StonedFarmer, that gives me a good starting point. I'll report back if I figure out a working method.

Archived