Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • 2020 Activity Spike Suggestions

Defiled

Hello,

Since I'm on the forums daily, I've noticed a spike in activity in the past week.. and that's really good and pleases my eyes. But since the activity spiked a lot of problems also spiked alongside.

Activity spikes are not always a blessing because these people can go away pretty fast because of the problems.

They must be handled as fast as possible, I'm going to list all the problems I've seen during the past weeks.

Problem Classification :

Urgent

Important but not Urgent

Semi-Important

1) JRE/JDK 8 Problem

This has been mentioned by me and many other members, a solution for the JRE/JDK 8 must be put in place as a lot of new members face this problem and don't even bother to look up the solution on this forums.

Suggested Fix: Have a pre-installer/checker before running the Launcher.

2) SDN Cleanup

The Public SDN has a ton of broken scripts that can throw away potential members.

Suggested Fix: The old fashioned way of grabbing a broom.

3) Forums Clean-up

The forums has many threads in wrong spots, they must be sorted into the correct spots.

4) Forums Rennovation 

As I mentioned in my past site suggestions, The forums theme must be changed from this dark non-inviting theme to a more pleasant to the eyes inviting theme full of colors. The forums theme can be still dark BUT with inviting and call-to-action colors (Green). I suggest having a gay guy select the theme lol.

5) Trial Periods and Inviting Methods to Attract New People

Suggestion: Have a trial period for VIP so people can taste the wonderful advantages of being a VIP.

6) Faster Forums Load Speed

I already discussed this with some staff, but the Forums must be optimized through much better cache-ing systems and ddos-protection software. As it currently achieves an F score on GTMetrix.

Suggestion: Use Litespeed & Imunify360 OR CloudLinux with mod_lsapi and Imunify360.

7) A Support Rank (Support Team) That can handle newcomers question pretty fast. (At all timezones)

More to come hopefully, suggestions are welcome by other forum members.

Archived