Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Item in bank count, with placeholders.

Chichoo

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to determine if an item in bank with a placeholder had a count of 0? Every time I've tried it always had a count of at least 1. Does this mean writing for items with placeholders isn't as robust as writing for items without placeholders? Not sure if this makes much sense but I want to do something like if no more items x in bank, move on to y task.

Thank you in advance!

9 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

there's a method isPlaceholder() on Item.

Could you please elaborate? I've tried to mess around with it a bit but couldn't come with any conclusive solution on my end. I've tried getPlaceholderValue() but that doesn't give the count.

What I effectively want to do is getBank().count(<Item>), but with placeholders, if I have zero of that item, it'll still give a value of one instead of zero.

I'm not sure if you're looking for a specific item or not but

getBank().count(i->i != null && i.getName().equals("Varrock teleport") && i.isPlaceholder())

or if you're trying to find anything that is not a place holder, put a ! in front of that there placeholder check.

2 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

I'm not sure if you're looking for a specific item or not but

getBank().count(i->i != null && i.getName().equals("Varrock teleport") && i.isPlaceholder())

or if you're trying to find anything that is not a place holder, put a ! in front of that there placeholder check.

Ahh, I'm trying to find the number of an item, i.e. number of "Logs" in the bank.

getBank().count() returns the correct amount of "Logs" if there are zero, however if "Logs" is a placeholder, it will return one instead of zero. I hope that makes more sense.

3 hours ago, Chichoo said:

Ahh, I'm trying to find the number of an item, i.e. number of "Logs" in the bank.

getBank().count() returns the correct amount of "Logs" if there are zero, however if "Logs" is a placeholder, it will return one instead of zero. I hope that makes more sense.

getBank().count(i->i != null && i.getName().equals("Logs") && !i.isPlaceholder())

Oh, I think I just understood what placeholder means now. An item is a placeholder if it has a value of 0 and exists in the bank. If the item in the bank has quantity > 0, then it exists as an item, and not currently placeholder.

Archived