Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Scripting questions.. I have a degree in comp sci :p

acogott

Hi guys, 

I heavily played OSRS when I was young, but had to quit it due to working and coding on my spare time. I'm now in my full-time job and doing a Master's in Computer Science; therefore I have some extensive knowledge in coding.. Did Java for I don't know how many years..

I'm interested in coding some scripts for the community and also for myself, and I could also bring one of my friends that is very good in programming as well. I saw some scripting tutorials just before; looks pretty easy to start with; but I have some questions:

1. How much money realistically can you make if you have money making solid scripts and 3-4 accs?

2. How is the detection? Can you get banned easily? 

3. Suggesting botting hours per day? Overnight or not?

Nonetheless, hit me up if you have coding questions, I'll be happy to help.

1 hour ago, acogott said:

Hi guys, 

I heavily played OSRS when I was young, but had to quit it due to working and coding on my spare time. I'm now in my full-time job and doing a Master's in Computer Science; therefore I have some extensive knowledge in coding.. Did Java for I don't know how many years..

I'm interested in coding some scripts for the community and also for myself, and I could also bring one of my friends that is very good in programming as well. I saw some scripting tutorials just before; looks pretty easy to start with; but I have some questions:

1. How much money realistically can you make if you have money making solid scripts and 3-4 accs?

2. How is the detection? Can you get banned easily? 

3. Suggesting botting hours per day? Overnight or not?

Nonetheless, hit me up if you have coding questions, I'll be happy to help.

1. Depends entirely on the script/method used.

2. See number 1 ^, a poorly written script that continuously cycles through repetitive patterns will probably result in quicker bans.

3. It honestly again depends on the answer to no. 1. For instance, if it's a method with virtually zero requirements, then you may stand to earn more money from suicide botting over the weekend and muling the gold away before the most probable ban on Monday, otherwise if it's a more high level method, it probably makes sense to try to bot 'sensibly' and conservatively, such as a few hours here, a few hours there, just like a human would do.

Archived