Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Java Client Issue

msdav

Hi, I am a new member and am trying to get the DBLaunch.jar to work with a proxy. When I click "Launch Client" with or without a proxy nothing happens except the screen goes away. I can get the bots to work only by going into the file and selecting client.jar, however with this option I can't get proxies and worry about a higher ban rate.

I believe I have identified the issue with the help of Almonds who used TeamViewer to access my Macbook Pro. We uninstalled all versions of Java using multiple methods and downloaded the correct JDK 8 191. However, when I go to the terminal are run version -java is displays the following:

java version "11.0.1" 2018-10-16 LTS

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.1+13-LTS)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.1+13-LTS, mixed mode)

This makes no sense because there is no evidence of these versions of Java being on my Macbook and I cannot seem to get it to switch to the correct version. Any assistance would be most appreciated so I can safely use proxies.

Thank you

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 12.59.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 12.59.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 1.02.08 AM.png

Instead of doing java -jar etc
    You could use the direct path to the java 8 java.exe

Otherwise, it seems you do have a java 11 installed on your system for whatever reason. Have you tried a restart as well (sounds hokey, but sometimes you need a restart to fix system variables)

Can you give me some instructions on how to use the direct path? I restarted my Macbook and still showing as using 11.0.1. Can't figure it out. Thank you

I'm unsure on mac, but if you find the directory where your java 8 folder is, then instead of doing java -jar you'd do

/Your/Path/To/Java/java_8.101/java.exe -jar client.jar

and then the rest like normal (don't forget the xboot, which you can find in the quickstart thread here

or whatever it is on mac.

Archived