Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Banned, chances of a other??

Fuf

Hi guys, been around a while possibly a new account here. 

So I recently got banned, which is fine as it's just for the day, but I was wondering. If I get covert mode via buying VIP will I still run a higher risk of being banned if I bot on that account? 

I've started a new account and have been using tunnel bear VPN as I can't afford to fork put for a proxy everytime they IP flag me. Any help appreciated :)

23 hours ago, Articron said:

The general rule of thumb is:

Don't bot an account that you don't want to risk losing.

I don't think you can read, not at one point did I whine or moan about being banned I asked a simple should I bot on it from a different vpn/covert mode/socks proxy or would I still get banned. Nothing too do with taking a risk, I'm 26 so I know botting is a risky thing.

On 8/18/2018 at 4:09 AM, kingofbots77 said:

If you got a day ban. I wouldn't bot on that account anymore. as it is HIGH risk they will be watching your account closely.

Thanks :) i'll set up a few other level 3s, do you know if offline time counts as a safer for botting on an account? As in bot tut island, then leave the account a few days the ban rate would be lower upon return?? Or is that just wishful thinking? 😂

10 hours ago, Fuf said:

I don't think you can read, not at one point did I whine or moan about being banned I asked a simple should I bot on it from a different vpn/covert mode/socks proxy or would I still get banned. Nothing too do with taking a risk, I'm 26 so I know botting is a risky thing.

I don't see anywhere in his comment that he said you were whining or moaning either..

Another rule of thumb, don't be an asshat for 0 reason.

MBM

On 8/19/2018 at 6:09 PM, Fuf said:

Thanks :) i'll set up a few other level 3s, do you know if offline time counts as a safer for botting on an account? As in bot tut island, then leave the account a few days the ban rate would be lower upon return?? Or is that just wishful thinking? 😂

Personally I set up about 20 Level 3s one day using different IP addresses when I was bored and I have a bunch still sitting in Lumbridge ready to go. I doubt the account age makes a hell of a difference to their automatic macro detection, but I'm sure it can't hurt. Try not to bot tutorial island if you can help it, because if your script gives even a hint of automation you're pretty much screwed. It's a pain in the ass setting up lvl 3s manually, but at least now when I get banned it doesn't phase me too much, I just move on to the next account on the list (and try to use a few mules for saving whatever resources I bot).

I am learning to write scripts for Dreambot though, so I probably have a higher banrate than most due to API experimentation lol. I've been botting heavily for about 3 weeks testing my scripts and I have had about half my testing accounts banned, but I am definitely noticing my ban rate reducing as I improve the scripts and alternate the accounts more often. I use Windscribe VPN, they have a free version that allows you to connect to many different countries (and their pro version is real cheap - free version has a 2G download limit).

Anyway I have definitely noticed that my accounts are getting banned less frequently since I started actively using the VPN. Now I seem to only get banned if I bot for 5+ hours at a time, and it does seem my other accounts are unaffected by IP flags now when one account goes down. The only catch is I need a friggin spreadsheet to keep track of all my usernames and passwords and IP addresses and scripts I'm using etc. haha. I also have to use the same VPN IP address/country that I last used the account on wherever possible because otherwise your account will get automatically detected as "stolen" and it will be locked.

So if you're serious about not getting banned, you'll need to be serious about botting smart (which is something you will learn best from experience, so just keep at it man). Definitely use a VPN/proxy, don't bot for longer than you would play legitimately, don't bot the same accounts every single day, and use scripts that aren't shit and you should get by. You won't avoid bans altogether but you should avoid frequent bans and IP flags if you stay diligent.

Good luck bro! Hope my personal experiences help you decide what to do :)

PS. What you bot makes a huge difference as well. My miners and fishers seem to get detected far more easily/quicker than my melee and power-shrimping scripts etc. Premium scripts and scripts that offer anti-pattern behavior will be your best bet.

Archived