Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Delete. All will be in 1 section.

Rebecca631

Sorry to say it, but it is not "computer espionage and spying". Almost EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. uses HWID (Hardware ID) - it's just info gathered from the system that is using their game. That's how World of Warcraft effectively bans cheaters (not the only way, but it's how they differentiate between each 'player'). It's not a "brand new discovery" or goldmine. If you even read RuneScape's ToS (Terms of Service) when you join it's going to say it collects just the statistics of your computer - Mac Address, IP Address, Hardware (GPU, Harddrive, etc.). Almost every MMO has this in their ToS and other multiplayer games. Your HWID for that one PC was flagged because they found a slew of accounts you were botting on from that specific computer. Of course they are going to flag it! Is that "bad" at all? No. It's called anti-cheating and protecting your user base from blatant botters. I don't know why you are going through a whole charade to figure that out.

And no offense, but no shit they don't store your HWID / UUID on your computer. They have it in their database for each account. That's like assuming the NSA or FBI sends you a mail/email every month of the data they collected on you. Anyways, it's not against the law or "invading your privacy" in any way. Collecting simple information on your system, like IP, mac, and other data is not considered a bad thing. Also, it's good for game companies to have the ability to congregate data (safe data - hardware/connection data for HWID) on their users solely for anti-cheating purposes. If they just let you bot every single day then this game would be in the shithole like 2012 RuneScape was, where the economy was so oversaturated and full of shit. Hate to break it to you but every single program or website you log onto with the internet is storing your IP address and login information. It's been like that since the cookie age, so it's like you are reinventing the wheel and discovering something that was... already known. Lol.

I do appreciate your effort and your time into the posts but you clearly seem to lack the understanding of what the consequences are for botting. If you bot, you are RISKING to be banned, or better yet flagged on your PC and having your legitimate (main) accounts banned as well. Tough luck man.

This post is something to laugh at, not "take seriously". Lol. I was holding back but I had to humble you and also just let you know that this is just dumb. Don't bot if you hate being banned so much. Or simply buy a new hard drive and use that to "deter" bans on a single PC, that's the old trick I've heard.

2 hours ago, ArmyofDragons said:

Sorry to say it, but it is not "computer espionage and spying". Almost EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. uses HWID (Hardware ID) - it's just info gathered from the system that is using their game. That's how World of Warcraft effectively bans cheaters (not the only way, but it's how they differentiate between each 'player'). It's not a "brand new discovery" or goldmine. If you even read RuneScape's ToS (Terms of Service) when you join it's going to say it collects just the statistics of your computer - Mac Address, IP Address, Hardware (GPU, Harddrive, etc.). Almost every MMO has this in their ToS and other multiplayer games. Your HWID for that one PC was flagged because they found a slew of accounts you were botting on from that specific computer. Of course they are going to flag it! Is that "bad" at all? No. It's called anti-cheating and protecting your user base from blatant botters. I don't know why you are going through a whole charade to figure that out.

And no offense, but no shit they don't store your HWID / UUID on your computer. They have it in their database for each account. That's like assuming the NSA or FBI sends you a mail/email every month of the data they collected on you. Anyways, it's not against the law or "invading your privacy" in any way. Collecting simple information on your system, like IP, mac, and other data is not considered a bad thing. Also, it's good for game companies to have the ability to congregate data (safe data - hardware/connection data for HWID) on their users solely for anti-cheating purposes. If they just let you bot every single day then this game would be in the shithole like 2012 RuneScape was, where the economy was so oversaturated and full of shit. Hate to break it to you but every single program or website you log onto with the internet is storing your IP address and login information. It's been like that since the cookie age, so it's like you are reinventing the wheel and discovering something that was... already known. Lol.

I do appreciate your effort and your time into the posts but you clearly seem to lack the understanding of what the consequences are for botting. If you bot, you are RISKING to be banned, or better yet flagged on your PC and having your legitimate (main) accounts banned as well. Tough luck man.

This post is something to laugh at, not "take seriously". Lol. I was holding back but I had to humble you and also just let you know that this is just dumb. Don't bot if you hate being banned so much. Or simply buy a new hard drive and use that to "deter" bans on a single PC, that's the old trick I've heard.

You definitely have not been around or playing Runescape long enough to know its not normal. You compared other games, they have different policies. There are phishers and people that run mass bot farms that don't receive this ban, its an uncommon ban and I spread awareness to it. I could link screenshots to proof this but I really can't be asked. I already stated unique identifiers, hardware id, etc and is stored in a live cache. Regarding Mac its not the Mac or ip like you stated and I'm well aware of what cookies are. You mentioned the consequences of botting, which I do understand, but I got banned despite botting which was strange. At the end of the day this is a video game and I could really not care anymore about it, i'm just documenting it as it is a conflict of interest and may help other users. Regarding your last paragraph i'm not even going to bother to address it as it's an obvious low quality bait. thanks for the feedback though. You also failed to acknowledge the incitricities of the hardware ban and think its easy to pinpoint, it’s like finding a needle in a haystack. You also stated that im complaining about my bots getting banned, which isn’t true, i am fully aware of the consequences, and it’s not a ploy to get sympathy that you twist it to make it sound like. Ill make this even more clear, there is abolutely zero documented cases of this ever happening on Runescape. i am the only living proof this has happened to, like i said prior, the ban has intricities and has revealed a lot about banning methods and the bot detection system; such as skill total criterion. I documented all of this in an attempt to help some users from dreambot with an open mind and perspective. You don’t know the extent of it, not even i do yet. 

You also stated i was getting accounts i botted banned, but even when i made a new accounts and didn’t run any bots for 2-5 days and played on a clean ip, clean cache, and new mac i still got banned. It’s the equivalent of getting accused of some shit you didn’t even do, it bugged me at first but now i really dont give a fuck tbh. Not really understanding the amount of hate im getting for trying to help the community, if you think you can do better go ahead. Give me a yes or no ill delete everything. Your not getting another response.

52 minutes ago, Rebecca631 said:

You definitely have not been around or playing Runescape long enough to know its not normal. You compared other games, they have different policies. There are phishers and people that run mass bot farms that don't receive this ban, its an uncommon ban and I spread awareness to it. I could link screenshots to proof this but I really can't be asked. I already stated unique identifiers, hardware id, etc and is stored in a live cache. Regarding Mac its not the Mac or ip like you stated and I'm well aware of what cookies are. You mentioned the consequences of botting, which I do understand, but I got banned despite botting which was strange. At the end of the day this is a video game and I could really not care anymore about it, i'm just documenting it as it is a conflict of interest and may help other users. Regarding your last paragraph i'm not even going to bother to address it as it's an obvious low quality bait. thanks for the feedback though. You also failed to acknowledge the incitricities of the hardware ban and think its easy to pinpoint, it’s like finding a needle in a haystack. You also stated that im complaining about my bots getting banned, which isn’t true, i am fully aware of the consequences, and it’s not a ploy to get sympathy that you twist it to make it sound like. Ill make this even more clear, there is abolutely zero documented cases of this ever happening on Runescape. i am the only living proof this has happened to, like i said prior, the ban has intricities and has revealed a lot about banning methods and the bot detection system; such as skill total criterion. I documented all of this in an attempt to help some users from dreambot with an open mind and perspective. You don’t know the extent of it, not even i do yet. 

You also stated i was getting accounts i botted banned, but even when i made a new accounts and didn’t run any bots for 2-5 days and played on a clean ip, clean cache, and new mac i still got banned. It’s the equivalent of getting accused of some shit you didn’t even do, it bugged me at first but now i really dont give a fuck tbh. Not really understanding the amount of hate im getting for trying to help the community, if you think you can do better go ahead. Give me a yes or no ill delete everything. Your not getting another response.

I have been playing RuneScape since 2007, I know what I am talking about. I also have background knowledge in Computer Science (college) and I have actually been researching things like this in the past. I can say for a fact almost every single large multiplayer/MMO game collects your computer's data for usage in either analytics or deterring away cheaters. 

"At the end of the day this is a video game and I could really not care anymore about it" - Okay, then why are you wasting your time acting like Sherlock Holmes re-discovering something that numerous game and software companies have been doing for YEARS. I am not saying every game bans you by HWID (for example, CS:GO does not do such a thing) but I will say that it is kind of funny that you are claiming you are a "huge victim" of this anomaly that you "found'. No one else on this forum is saying that they receive the same side affects as you do.

"You also failed to acknowledge the incitricities of the hardware ban and think its easy to pinpoint, it’s like finding a needle in a haystack." - Lol. Buddy. Hardware IDs, or HWIDs, are formed as a hash through numerous Strings of data (or different ways to approach) -- I can guarantee you that it is not "intricate" to simply differentiate between two computers based on their hardware IDs. And using a "Mac Address Spoofer" from 2013 (ROFL) will not "change" your hardware ID. Usually it's changing your hard drive in your computer, along with using a proxy. But you do you, lmao. You act like they are doing some NSA type shit in here hahahaha. Get out of here.

My point is, it is not invasion of privacy for collecting information of your computer's hardware. They are not spying on you. If that was the case then it would have been discovered already by numerous people and RuneScape would be under a lawsuit. Same goes with your IP address, which is, most of the time, added to the HWID (but not all the time since you can easily change it). 

Archived