Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Question on Bot Detection

Nunchuks3

To start off, I realize i'm extremely lucky.

Now that that's out of the way, I've always been curious with bot detection and Jagex's algorithm/heuristic technique for catching bots.

Recently I was away from my computer over the weekend and I accidentally left my bot running that entire weekend (I was fishing for shrimps until I got to level 40, turns out I caught more shrimp then I ever want to see again). P.S, I'm an idiot.

After nervously logging in, I realized I wasn't banned, and a couple days later I started botting pretty heavily again. I've had bots in the past get caught pretty damn quickly, even when I've tried being careful (I haven't been careful at all with this account).

My question is, is the detection system simply an algorithm that boils down to luck? This is a newish account, which should be an immediate red flag, and i've been pretty liberal with the amount of botting im doing.

They can't ban all bots but eventually you'll be banned if you bot in a stupid way. Sure you can prob bot a week straight without a ban but 99% of the peolpe who do it will get banned

• 1 month later...

Archived