Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Broken SDN scripts and their state & possibly a way to manage them?

Puck

So, I realized there are quite a lot of broken sdn scripts that are still on the sdn which miss-leads people into using them sometimes (because they buy without looking at the thread). I know it's a "it's their fault" kinda thing if they buy without reading.

But I thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool to hide broken scripts from the sdn? But not only that, it will notify the user who created the script and say something like "script has been hidden from the sdn, please fix it and un-hide it".  This is still not fool proof though they would just un-hide it if he felt like it. It might be able to reduce the amount of complains from broken scripts. Since it seems you guys don't have a rule with sdn scripts. For example: If it's been broken for 2 weeks and it hasn't been updated, it should just automatically be hidden because it allows people to look for scripts that aren't broken and work. 

This shouldn't be restricted to only paid scripts but all scripts. This should help clear all the broken scripts from users who are now inactive. It might be a step forward to reduce the amount of scripts on the sdn to only the ones that work. However, the downside to this is that it might require more moderation.... Currently, you guys are awesome! You all work your very best to maintain disputes, refunds and any other problem that occurs in this community. You guys handle the situations very professionally and I'm happy that you all do :) 

This might not really be a big issue for you guys now, but I think you should consider it; possibly when db3 gets released (in 2030™). It's just a food for thought kinda thing, it would help keep the sdn a bit more managed :) 

Note: You guys most likely already thought of something like this but I'm just gonna keep this here anyway :P

Just my opinion, what do you guys think?

The biggest issue we run into is that people will often post "This script is broken!!!!" when it's actually just user error.

For us to be certain of broken scripts, we need someone who is reliable who can actually run the script and get accurate information on what is broken, or if it's broken at all.

People have mentioned bringing in a tester for this purpose, but I'm under the opinion that having a single person testing every single script is way outside of the bounds of what is reasonable. They'd have to create an account that can do everything in the script, not just testing pieces of it, but testing *everything* of the script. They'd also have free access to use all of the scripts which I know would make more than a few of the scripters uncomfortable.

This is why we tell people who make refund requests to include screenshots of them contacting the scripter, so that we're 100% that the scripter is aware of the issue. If the scripter hasn't been active for a long time, then it comes into discussion of removing the script from the SDN. We ask people to report broken scripts, especially when the issue of "None of my scripts show up anymore!" because it means one of the scripts is straight broken.

Literally none of the like 50 users I've personally helped with this issue have ever responded to me about it.

The biggest issue we run into is that people will often post "This script is broken!!!!" when it's actually just user error.

For us to be certain of broken scripts, we need someone who is reliable who can actually run the script and get accurate information on what is broken, or if it's broken at all.

People have mentioned bringing in a tester for this purpose, but I'm under the opinion that having a single person testing every single script is way outside of the bounds of what is reasonable. They'd have to create an account that can do everything in the script, not just testing pieces of it, but testing *everything* of the script. They'd also have free access to use all of the scripts which I know would make more than a few of the scripters uncomfortable.

This is why we tell people who make refund requests to include screenshots of them contacting the scripter, so that we're 100% that the scripter is aware of the issue. If the scripter hasn't been active for a long time, then it comes into discussion of removing the script from the SDN. We ask people to report broken scripts, especially when the issue of "None of my scripts show up anymore!" because it means one of the scripts is straight broken.

Literally none of the like 50 users I've personally helped with this issue have ever responded to me about it.

Aah I see, fair play. Seems like you guys have already thought about this and tried to take some steps into reducing any problems along the way. But it all comes down to the users responses and how they react. That kind of sucks but on the bright side at least I know you guys tried and I think the current refund system will do for now until you can possibly find a solution (if there even is a possible one). It's true that there are users who just report it as completely broken when there was just a simple that either they caused or a specific hook was outdated at it caused the NPE (rare but can happen at times I guess) or it was their fault which caused the script to not work. 

Some threads have instructions that say "Run it at this specific city or it won't work" and then the person runs the script at lumby and then they wonder why the script wouldn't walk to the area and do the job it's supposed to do, they would instantly reply to the thread saying it isn't working instead of trying to fix the issue their selves (I've seen a few occurrences of this in some of the threads).

Thanks for the fast response, Nezz! I had assumed you guys tried something like this already but I didn’t know the real reason until now. Thanks for clearing that up!

This is why trials are very important, it avoids a lot of work to have to deal with disputes and refunds, a small trial of a couple of hours will let the person know if everything is working.

The problem is with scripts that can be abused or are only used for a couple of hours, those could have even shorter trials.

This is why trials are very important, it avoids a lot of work to have to deal with disputes and refunds, a small trail of a couple of hours will let the person know if everything is working.

The problem is with scripts that can be abused or are only used for a couple of hours, those could have even shorter trials.

While this is true, the current way of offering trials is pretty good. But I think we could give VIP's and sponsers like 1 hour a week for any script they like. But instead of giving like 1 hour for 1 full script, it would count the runtime of that script and stop when you stop the script. Which will allow multiple trials for each script. But this would bring in another problem, not having enough time to test it... Lol. At the moment it seems like a stalemate here, nothing can be done without relying on the users or scripters.

im fine with spending some of my free time on testing  as many scripts that are on the sdn aslong as it doesn't cost me money

• 1 month later...

your full of shit. every fuckinmg script i try errors within minutes this site is a fucking money scamming joke.

Archived