Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Data logging

Genius

Hello all, 

I am interested in adding data logging to my current and future scripts. For instance, I have an alcher script. I would like to be able to see how long a specific user has ran the script for, how long the script has been run by all users, and how many total alchs have been done with the script, etc.

Is there a relatively easy way to accomplish this? I have not messed with java.util.logging much, and I'm not even sure if it would work for my purposes. I could imagine connecting to a server and appending a text document on terminate could work (key/value style) but that could become a giant mess with a lot of users.

If anyone with knowledge of a good way to go about this would like to help, I would greatly appreciate it.  :)

You would definitely need a server to send the data to.

And I'd suggest just a regular ol SQL database, just like any other information would be stored.

If this is an SDN script though, you can't send any information specific to an account. You can send something like forum name/ID, Script Ran, Time Ran, but you can't send RS acc name, and you'd need to add an option to not send the data.

I only took one SQL/PHP course in college so I'm a bit shaky on what that would entail.

I was thinking more along the lines of dynamic signatures, or at least querying info from a DB for usage statistics (beginning to make sense why a SQL DB would work best).

I would only want to log forum names and paint information in the DB, for the ultimate goal of dynamic signatures. 

Do you think an online relational DB like google cloud SQL would work?

Thanks for your insight!

Archived