Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • NPC onScreen but down a hill

Booshotti

Hello,

I am creating a Rock Crabs script and when I go to a specific spot the Crab is down a hill so when the tile is clicked my player does not move down the hill, How could I easily combat this? 

I've tried if(!onScreen.....) { turn camera}  but this will always be false because the NPC is on the screen but just behind the terrain.

Thanks ;)

aint got acces to eclipse rn, but best to go by area gonna be something like this:

if (crabArea.contains(getLocalPlayer) && crab.isOnScreen() && crab.isReachable()) { 
       if (crab !=null {
           crab.interact("Attack")
      }
    }

aint got acces to eclipse rn, but best to go by area gonna be something like this:

if (crabArea.contains(getLocalPlayer) && crab.isOnScreen() && crab.isReachable()) { 
       if (crab !=null {
           crab.interact("Attack")
      }
    }

Awesome! Will test this out now.

Another question... I want to make sure more than one crab is attacking me so I am assuming I can count the getID(); values for the crabs.

If(crabCount >= 4){
    attack crabs
    minus index on dead crab
    }

if(crabCount == 0){
    walk to crabs
    add index
    repeat above
    }

I can't think of a good way to track if 4 or more crabs are attacking me at one time?

Awesome! Will test this out now.

Another question... I want to make sure more than one crab is attacking me so I am assuming I can count the getID(); values for the crabs.

If(crabCount >= 4){
    attack crabs
    minus index on dead crab
    }

if(crabCount == 0){
    walk to crabs
    add index
    repeat above
    }

I can't think of a good way to track if 4 or more crabs are attacking me at one time?

You can get all npcs interacting with you and count them.

Also I suggest dont check if crab is not null before using the object.

if (crab !=null {
           crab.interact("Attack")
      }
    }

This logic :D

You can get all npcs interacting with you and count them.

Also I suggest dont check if crab is not null before using the object.

if (RockCrab.isInteracting(getLocalPlayer()) && interactionCount <= 4) {
    interactionCount+=1;
    log("Count + 1");

This doesn't seem to work? It counts 4 on each tick that any rock crab attacks me, Is there another way to count?

if (RockCrab.isInteracting(getLocalPlayer()) && interactionCount <= 4) {
    interactionCount+=1;
    log("Count + 1");

This doesn't seem to work? It counts 4 on each tick that any rock crab attacks me, Is there another way to count?

I'm assuming something like this would work:

final int interactionCount = getNpcs().all(npc -> npc != null && npc.isInteracting(getLocalPlayer()) && npc.isInCombat()).size();

I'm assuming something like this would work:

final int interactionCount = getNpcs().all(npc -> npc != null && npc.isInteracting(getLocalPlayer()) && npc.isInCombat()).size();

Ahhh that helped me understand to make a lot of my script smaller using lambda however... It says Override method in org.dreambot.api.methods.filter.Filter

Ahhh that helped me understand to make a lot of my script smaller using lambda however... It says Override method in org.dreambot.api.methods.filter.Filter

Uhh not sure. You must not be using Java 8.

Uhh not sure. You must not be using Java 8.

Strange... I am using Java 8 though (jdk1.8.0_141)

Edit: You are the man! ;) It's apparently just a warning on IntelliJ, It works though.

Archived