Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • What Does Client Memory Slider Do?

Grimbles

Just wondering what this does before you launch the client. Does setting the memory slider lower mean I could run more clients at once without taking up as much CPU on my laptop? Thanks.

So does more ram used=slower performance overall on the machine?

not necessarily bc it can still go over the limit most people keep it at 1024 i believe 

So does more ram used=slower performance overall on the machine?

Most of the time you should be fine keeping it at 523mb or 1024mb, I wouldn't recommend going higher unless you plan on running a very large amount of accounts per instance

adjusting the slider to 256m doesnt mean the client is going to use 256m.  it doesnt specify the total memory the jvm can use, only the heap size

Archived