Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Interscript/client Messages

TheScripts

Hello,

I'm currently interested in creating a script that would require multiple RS accounts to work together. As such, I would like to have the ability to establish some sort of communication between the bots. I have scrolled through the Dreambot API a couple of times and have not been able to find anything that appears to offer the functionality that I require; So, I figured I would appeal to everyone on the forums for guidance.

Are there anyways to accomplish either of the following?

- Communicate between two scripts running in the same Dreambot client.

- Communicate remotely with an arbitrary web server API (which I would create).

Thanks,

TheScripts

Communicating with a remote web server is always possible (unless DreamBot has implemented a SecurityManager for the scripts) and can be done using standard Java API calls.

Communication between two scripts in the same Dreambot client can be done in several ways:

- Using temporary files (%TEMP% or /tmp) for communication (one can share the filename using static variables)

- Maintaining a (volatile, static) list of running script instances in the same client (this is a bad idea because of multithreading issues, but can still be done) and communicating through those script instances

i know someone who used the clanchat with all the bots and executed commands like rsbuddy (!price) and custom ones like (!attack zezima/ !follow zezima) etc but i think he died now

Communicating with a remote web server is always possible (unless DreamBot has implemented a SecurityManager for the scripts) and can be done using standard Java API calls.

Communication between two scripts in the same Dreambot client can be done in several ways:

- Using temporary files (%TEMP% or /tmp) for communication (one can share the filename using static variables)

- Maintaining a (volatile, static) list of running script instances in the same client (this is a bad idea because of multithreading issues, but can still be done) and communicating through those script instances

Thank you very much for the information/suggestions.

I haven't been involved with the RS botting community for quite a few years and back then I used SCAR (which was/is powered by the Pascal Script engine). That being said, I'm not completely up-to-speed with Dreambot and/or Java based scripting; so I have some learning to do.

i know someone who used the clanchat with all the bots and executed commands like rsbuddy (!price) and custom ones like (!attack zezima/ !follow zezima) etc but i think he died now

I did consider using the in-game chat; however, I would like certain features that may be hard to implement using the chat, such as:

- Having the accounts remain logged off until enough scripts have been started.

- Having the accounts login to the same world; without the need to login, check which world the other player(s) are in, then world hop to that particular world.

- Having the ability to "broadcast" an account location to the other scripts.

I also believe that sending repetitive messages/commands via the chat would be rather suspicious; however, who knows if this would be monitored...

Thank you for the suggestion though :)

Websockets, have them all connect to a central server and then u can get all the info u need about them from the server 

Archived