Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Avoiding bans

Mcauley

What's the best way to avoid a ban? Is it pot luck, fresh account, membership etc do these matter?

I have recently been using a VPS to bot on (easier as I don't have to leave my laptop running) and after 3 weeks or so I've just been banned. I was careful using the bot, covert mode, regular breaks, script switching, logging off for long periods (24 hours+).

I never used the proxy feature, I'm not sure how it works (newb).

I managed to get to around 80 fishing and mining so it started to get good, just seems effort to restart just to get banned again.

Any tips?

Thanks!

On 9/11/2022 at 8:42 AM, Mcauley said:

What's the best way to avoid a ban? Is it pot luck, fresh account, membership etc do these matter?

I have recently been using a VPS to bot on (easier as I don't have to leave my laptop running) and after 3 weeks or so I've just been banned. I was careful using the bot, covert mode, regular breaks, script switching, logging off for long periods (24 hours+).

I never used the proxy feature, I'm not sure how it works (newb).

I managed to get to around 80 fishing and mining so it started to get good, just seems effort to restart just to get banned again.

Any tips?

Thanks!

whats your runtimes before breaks?

8 hours ago, Spooney said:

whats your runtimes before breaks?

An hour or so, sometimes less sometimes slightly more. I never left the bot running 2+ hours before breaking.

• 1 month later...

It's probably because people reported you. In almost every case i got my accounts banned, someone tried to talk to me just prior to see if I was playing. Also note they do delayed bans, so you may have already been caught at lvl 40 fishing for all you know. I have botted on my main before and never got a ban, but then i auto mine on my hardcore ironman once and catch a perm ban because some Rudolph wants to ask you why you're mining in Lumbridge swamp. I also caught a temp ban on mu UIM because i was using an auto mouse to drop all my fish, but i was still humanly here. Last thing before a 3 day ban was people talking about how i was always there and thinking i was a bot.

I would not run your software for long periods of time, especially if you dont have other skills nor quest points. This leads to more exposure. Bots must be reported by a player unless the team does some special sort of search - which is rare because innocents have been banned before. Using free scripts aside from combat will get you caught because anyone with half a brain will examine you and see you only have 1 skill. So, use those w temperance. 

This is all advice based off my experience.