Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • I need help with TCP sockets (Python)

una_maquina

Basically I'm having buggy TCP sockets, and if I add a time.sleep(0.10), it magically fixes itself, BUT that's stupid. 

Problem: it's not synchronised, sometimes the data arrives, sometimes it doesn't and just gets lost...

The code is in Python:

class Main():

END_MESSAGE = "EOXEOEXOXAADSADW"

def __init__(self, logging_class_instance):
            self.logging_class = logging_class_instance

def send_data_to_client(self,socket,data,encryption_key):
            try:
                self.logging_class.log("sending data to client",self.logging_class.COLOR_DEFAULT)
                encrypted = AES_encrypt(data+self.END_MESSAGE,encryption_key)
                self.logging_class.log("sending encrypted data: "+str(encrypted)[0:400],self.logging_class.COLOR_DEFAULT)
                socket.sendall(encrypted)
                self.logging_class.log("done sending",self.logging_class.COLOR_GREEN)
                return True
            except Exception as e:
                self.logging_class.log("encountered an error while sending data: "+str(e),self.logging_class.COLOR_RED)
                return False

def receive_data_from_client(self,socket,encryption_key):
            data = b''
            while True:
                chunk = socket.recv(10240)
                if not chunk:
                    raise ValueError("Couldn't receive data, socket disconnected")
                self.logging_class.log("received encrypted data: "+str(chunk),self.logging_class.COLOR_DEFAULT)
                decrypted_chunk = AES_decrypt(chunk,encryption_key)
                data += decrypted_chunk
                if self.END_MESSAGE in decrypted_chunk.decode():
                    data = data[:-len(self.END_MESSAGE)]
                    break
            length = len(data)
            self.logging_class.log("decrypted data: "+str(data)[0:400],self.logging_class.COLOR_DEFAULT)
            return data

Maybe you could recommend me some higher-level networking frameworks or something... (I tried Twisted already, but same thing happens). I also tried using select library, but the same thing happens.

How could I know when the client is listening for data -- AND only then send it to the client? And vice-versa? How to make sure data is 10000% transferred and received?

It should be like this:

KuNjmBH.png

But this is what tends to happen:

3WwXOmJ.png

Sometimes no data arrives at all!

Ok nvm, I've fixed the issue myself. What I did:

I added sock.recv(1024) after sock.sendall(encrypted_data) in my send data function/method.

And I added sock.send(encrypt("OK")) in my receive data function after it receives all the data. Now it's synchronized and all's good.

Archived