Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • [BAT]Fixing -portable Drawback/UI bug

Hyper Crusher

So I personally love the idea of making Dreambot contained within a specific folder, it lets me test out different things, Isolate an experiments section from my actual scripts sections and more but there's one big problem with the -portable flag on the client. It beaks local scripts, the client stops checking the default location for scripts, but also does not check the current directory for scripts. Meaning local scripts just don't work anymore. (I suspect this is actually just a UI issue, since the client also doesn't render "No scripts to display" but instead opts to render nothing)

My solution is a simple .bat script that runs the launcher with essentially its own portable flag, that doesn't break the scripts UI

set _JAVA_OPTIONS=-Duser.home=%cd%
    start javaw -jar DBLauncher.jar

Just like with the -portable flag, it sets the home path to the current working directory, the only difference is instead of interpreting a passed argument it does so by telling java what the home directory is, and bypasses whatever bug causes this UI issue.

I am sure this is a niche issue, but I figured id share my solution.

Archived