Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • JsonReader in script

testymain

I have built an REST API and i want to read from it. My JsonReader class looks like this

import java.io.BufferedReader;
    import java.io.IOException;
    import java.io.InputStream;
    import java.io.InputStreamReader;
    import java.io.Reader;
    import java.net.URL;
    import java.nio.charset.Charset;

import org.json.JSONException;
    import org.json.JSONObject;

public class JsonReader {

private static String readAll(Reader rd) throws IOException {
        StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
        int cp;
        while ((cp = rd.read()) != -1) {
          sb.append((char) cp);
        }
        return sb.toString();
      }

public static JSONObject readJsonFromUrl(String url) throws IOException, JSONException {
        InputStream is = new URL(url).openStream();
        try {
          BufferedReader rd = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(is, Charset.forName("UTF-8")));
          String jsonText = readAll(rd);
          JSONObject json = new JSONObject(jsonText);
          return json;
        } finally {
          is.close();
        }
      }

public static  String getTask() {
    	    JSONObject json = null;
    		try {
    			json = readJsonFromUrl("");
    		} catch (JSONException | IOException e) {
    			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
    			e.printStackTrace();
    		}
    	    return json.toString();
    	}
    }

this standalone works great, but as soon as i call JsonReader.getTask() in my script 2 tings happens. Either the script doesnt even start when i click start from local scripts / script starts but does nothing, no error in log or anything. did anyone encounter it? Is there any other method how to read from my API?

Yea i was looking for solution and what i found is basically the same what you said. The libraries arent compiled with script to jar, but i don't know how do i achieve this?

Maybe i am doing it wrong, but what do you mean by lib foler, i used build path and added external jar. i moved this jar to dreambot where is client.jar, built path again but it didnt help. 
    As i said, idk what you mean by lob folder, maybe i have to decompile that jar and export that package with classes?

Edit: I also tried exporting it as Runnable jar because it has option to packge all dependant libraries to jar, but that didnt work either, script just doesnt start

Archived