Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • First Ban for 1 Day.

barrmane

So I started the account about 2 weeks ago and I would use bots about 50% of the time but I would watch them and wouldn't run them more than 30 minutes. I don't know what they caught me for but I always use premium scripts to reduce the chance. I get unbanned tomorrow how long should I wait to bot again or should I just play the account normally or just bot less. I fell asleep at the computer last night with otter rooftops running and I think since it was set to progressive it went to canifis agility course and they caught me there. Should I even try to appeal the ban I think it would be pointless.  Account temporarily banned for macroing in OldSchool. Our macro detection system has been monitoring your account closely and has detected that you are using illegal 3rd party software which violates the rules of the game and breaches your terms of service with Jagex. Our team have reviewed the evidence and can confirm that you were using illegal botting software. Jagex are able to accurately detect all illegal 3rd party software and any promises from their makers about being 'totally undetectable' or 'no ban guaranteed' are inaccurate. As such your account has been temporarily removed from the game. Please take this time to familiarise yourself with the rules. 

• 3 weeks later...
    On 9/18/2018 at 8:17 PM, clerythecleri said:

I don't know if people are aware of this already... The main way runescape catches botters is through a 'Cursor map'. I know this because i'm currently working with an old Jagex support moderator. He showed some of the maps they have on random botters vs legit players. Its just some software that over the course of playing, will create a map of where your cursor has been, where you have clicked. From this it will create a pattern. They have used millions of botters to decipher the specific differences through botters and legit players mouse patterns. When seeing the maps it is actually very obvious even to myself, even the ones with anti-ban still have a very distinct pattern in comparison to a legit player. This would also explain why sometimes a bot is caught in 1 day or a few weeks. This is what 90% of their bot detection algorithms are based off. I'm assuming you guys are smart enough to have already considered this? It would be nice if the bot could display the same thing, a transparent map of your cursor as you play. You could then play legit for a few days, compare your map with your bots map. N from that perhaps get an idea on how to improve bot anti-ban?

I was trying to find the images he sent me but i think they are on my work laptop. If anyone thinks seeing them would be helpful, I could speak with him and see if he can send me them again.

I am VERY VERY interested in those maps. Can you please try to obtain them. Also please do not post them randomly on the site, for if Jagex finds or sees them publicly, they will change detection methods. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
    On 9/14/2018 at 8:15 PM, barrmane said:

So I started the account about 2 weeks ago and I would use bots about 50% of the time but I would watch them and wouldn't run them more than 30 minutes. I don't know what they caught me for but I always use premium scripts to reduce the chance. I get unbanned tomorrow how long should I wait to bot again or should I just play the account normally or just bot less. I fell asleep at the computer last night with otter rooftops running and I think since it was set to progressive it went to canifis agility course and they caught me there. Should I even try to appeal the ban I think it would be pointless.  Account temporarily banned for macroing in OldSchool. Our macro detection system has been monitoring your account closely and has detected that you are using illegal 3rd party software which violates the rules of the game and breaches your terms of service with Jagex. Our team have reviewed the evidence and can confirm that you were using illegal botting software. Jagex are able to accurately detect all illegal 3rd party software and any promises from their makers about being 'totally undetectable' or 'no ban guaranteed' are inaccurate. As such your account has been temporarily removed from the game. Please take this time to familiarise yourself with the rules. 

did u got any answer for this or did u even bot after this? im on same issue right now 

Archived