Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Client not opening.. java issue?

callmepapa

Hey all,

I have an issue with my new computer. I have double checked to made sure I have the latest version of Java installed as well as the SDK8 that has been spread across the errors/bugs forum. I have also applied the jar fix and for good measures disabled my anti virus before and after trying to re download the client multiple times.

I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable with Windows/computers and I am at a complete loss.

I am able to right click + run with Java however after clicking this, nothing loads.

I am able to find the program under Processes and it's naming itself Java(TM) Platform SE binary like my other computer.

Has anyone stumbled across this issue or have any tips for me to try? I have browsed almost every topic related to this on the forums with no avail

Thanks

Paps

Well, look at me go. I quickly did an update of Java the other night before I went to bed and must of installed Java 10. 
    For anyone experiencing such a problem - install Java 8 and you will be fine.

Archived