Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Client Will Not Start

MYcashola

For the last 5 or so hours ive been trying to ge this to work.  To be clear, i have deleted, downloaded, and reinstalled everything. I looked at every past thread I could find.  I've watched the videos on Youtube. I start by downloaded the Client off this website. Then I attempt to open (run) the program. Nothing comes up so i Open with  Java SE Binary thing.  That doesn't work, so I delete java and redownload it.  Then try step 2.  That fails I restart my PC. Then try step 2. That fails then I delete client, and download again. The most I get is a CMD that appears for a few seconds, then goes away. Nothing else happens. Sometimes when I open task manager, the JAVA Binary is running in background so I have to end task in order to delete client.

I can tell I'm not the only one with this problem. So if anyone could please help me, I think it would help a lot of other people. I have read that this bot should be easy to use but just opening the program is giving me a headache.

I have the same problem, I think it's something to do with the JRE System Path Variables or something, not sure.

But this is what I do to launch the client:

Open Command Prompt

Use the 'cd' command to navigate to where the DBLauncher.jar is located.

cd desktop

Then, this command:

java -jar DBLauncher.jar

Let me know if it works for you :P

When I enter this "java -jar DBLauncher.jar" it says "Java is not recognized as an internal command"

This is what I get when I try and open it.

"Error: Could not find or load main class C:\users\ashley\desktop\DBLauncher.jar"

When I enter this "java -jar DBLauncher.jar" it says "Java is not recognized as an internal command"

This is what I get when I try and open it.

"Error: Could not find or load main class C:\users\ashley\desktop\DBLauncher.jar"

You can add me on Skype @XBLToothPik or on Discord @XBLToothPIk#9248

I'll help get it running.

Navigate to this directory:

C:\Program Files\Java

And tell me all of the folder names that are in there.

Also, if I remember correctly, someone said Dreambot will not work on 1.9, but only on 1.8

But just let me know all the folder names in that directory.

You might be able to:

Open Command Prompt

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_151\bin\java.exe" -jar "EXACT_LOCATION_TO_DBLAUNCHER"

Of course replace the EXACT_LOCATION_TO_DBLAUNCHER with the full path to the launcher

So i put in ""C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_151\bin\java.exe" -jar C:\Users\ashley\Desktop\DBLauncher.jar" 

​It said;

"Could not locate Proxy File"

"Downloading latest client version..."

"Downloaded latest client version!"

Then the Client opened.

So i put in ""C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_151\bin\java.exe" -jar C:\Users\ashley\Desktop\DBLauncher.jar" 

​It said;

"Could not locate Proxy File"

"Downloading latest client version..."

"Downloaded latest client version!"

Then the Client opened.

So that worked successfully?

Also, you may want to install the JDK for 1.8.0_151

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

Select the one for your OS and either 64 bit or 32 bit (depending upon your machine).  This may fix some issues as well as I don't think the JRE sets some variables you need.  

If after installing the JDK the client doesn't open just by double clicking the DBLauncher.jar, you could put the command I gave you into a .BAT (batch) file to start the client.  

Archived