Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Help reading errors from Client Debug Console

Rubick

Title says it all, how can I make sense of this? 

• [ERROR]23:24:28: Exception has occurred while running! Please report error to developer if problem persists: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.dreambot.api.wrappers.items.GroundItem.getName(GroundItem.java:105) at org.dreambot.api.methods.filter.impl.NameFilter.match(NameFilter.java:35) at org.dreambot.api.methods.filter.impl.NameFilter.match(NameFilter.java:18) at org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.lambda$all$0(Interactables.java:61) at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(Unknown Source) at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source) at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source) at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source) at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source) at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source) at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(Unknown Source) at org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.all(Interactables.java:61) at org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.closest(Interactables.java:107) at org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.closest(Interactables.java:85) at RubickProject.onLoop(RubickProject.java:272) at org.dreambot.api.script.AbstractScript.run(AbstractScript.java:251) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)   

For example, the 2nd line indicates something about a ground item, and does that mean line 105 in my code? Because line 105 doesn't have anything to do with ground items. 

Any and all help appreciated!

I guess i'm a noob, but what is that supposed to tell me? My onLoop is not around line 272 and that line is literally just a close bracket. }

I guess i'm a noob, but what is that supposed to tell me? My onLoop is not around line 272 and that line is literally just a close bracket. }

Best to break it all down into the bits YOU wrote (and not implemented by Java):

[ERROR]23:24:28: Exception has occurred while running! Please report error to developer if problem persists: 
    java.lang.NullPointerException at org.dreambot.api.wrappers.items.GroundItem.getName(GroundItem.java:105) 
    org.dreambot.api.methods.filter.impl.NameFilter.match(NameFilter.java:35) 
    org.dreambot.api.methods.filter.impl.NameFilter.match(NameFilter.java:18) 
    org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.lambda$all$0(Interactables.java:61) 

java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(Unknown Source) 
    java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source) 
    java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source) 
    java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source) 
    java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
    java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source) 
    java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(Unknown Source) 

org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.all(Interactables.java:61) 
    org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.closest(Interactables.java:107)
    org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.closest(Interactables.java:85) 
    RubickProject.onLoop(RubickProject.java:272) 
    org.dreambot.api.script.AbstractScript.run(AbstractScript.java:251) 

java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)   

So this looks like multiple errors caused by your loop. Forget everyting but org.dreambot:

[ERROR]23:24:28: Exception has occurred while running! Please report error to developer if problem persists: 
    java.lang.NullPointerException at 

org.dreambot.api.wrappers.items.GroundItem.getName(GroundItem.java:105) 
    org.dreambot.api.methods.filter.impl.NameFilter.match(NameFilter.java:35) 
    org.dreambot.api.methods.filter.impl.NameFilter.match(NameFilter.java:18) 
    org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.lambda$all$0(Interactables.java:61) 

org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.all(Interactables.java:61) 
    org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.closest(Interactables.java:107)
    org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.closest(Interactables.java:85) 
    RubickProject.onLoop(RubickProject.java:272) 
    org.dreambot.api.script.AbstractScript.run(AbstractScript.java:251) 

So this tells you there is a nullpointer (meaning that an item, object or anything you basically tells the program to do is null or can not be found:

Start by fixing RubickProject.onLoop(RubickProject.java:272). You might have missed a bracket or did not close the loop correct. Most of the time fixing that will fix the nullpointers.

Best to break it all down into the bits YOU wrote (and not implemented by Java):

So this tells you there is a nullpointer (meaning that an item, object or anything you basically tells the program to do is null or can not be found:

Start by fixing RubickProject.onLoop(RubickProject.java:272). You might have missed a bracket or did not close the loop correct. Most of the time fixing that will fix the nullpointers.

Nice! thanks that makes sense. Now I just can't find any bracket issues or loop issues. There has to be one too.... because im getting NPE pointing to that same line, when i test a different part of the script. Now it gets errors when trying to pickup ground items.

Nice! thanks that makes sense. Now I just can't find any bracket issues or loop issues. There has to be one too.... because im getting NPE pointing to that same line, when i test a different part of the script. Now it gets errors when trying to pickup ground items.

Then the ground items are either null (not existing, could be that you accidentally typed the item name wrong or something), or you're using the method wrong.

Care to share the part of the code?

Archived