Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Variables

ElChapoJr

Hello Everyone! I am brand new to scripting so don't mind my nooby-ness :P

But I have a question, In my GUI the player is able to select 3 locations. And the goal is whenever they select the location the bot walks to that area. So the script would need the input from the GUI  However i'm not entirely sure how to put that into code. Any help is appreciated. Im assuming it has something to do with getters and setters.

Heres what I have so far. (Dont judge im stilll learning :P) The VictimType is working fine. But the Location is where im having the issues.

Thanks!

public int onLoop() {
            if (startScript) {
                if (gui.Location().contains(getLocalPlayer())) {
                    pickPocket(gui.getVictimType());
                } else {
                    if (getWalking().walk(gui.Location().getRandomTile())) {
                    }
                }
            }
            return 600;
        }

public int onLoop() {
            if (startScript) {
                } else {
                    }
                }
            }
            return 600;
        }

Since you are newish to coding I'll show you an easy but not the cleanest way to do what you want done. It's very easy to follow along and will work for what you need done.

What you need to do is implement a ActionListener in your GUI.

For example here is a ComboBox action listener in a Gui class

npcComboBox.addActionListener(e -> selectedNPC = npcComboBox.getSelectedItem().toString());

What this does is set my variable "String selectedNPC" in my gui class to a String that of the players choice

For reference here is how I set my ComboBox

npcComboBox.setModel(new DefaultComboBoxModel(new String[] {"Giant rat", "Scorpion", "Skeleton"}));

So selectedNPC will change each time the user selects a new option in the ComboBox

Now that we have information of what the player chose we need to convert the string into the location of what we selected, we do so by going to your Start button action listener (You should already have this implemented and your script shouldn't loop until your gui has been set.)

Inside our Start button action listener we add

if(selectedNPC == "Scorpion") {
    main.TaskArea = main.scorpionArea;
    }
    else if(selectedNPC =="Giant rat") {
    main.TaskArea = main.ratArea;
    }
    else if(selectedNPC == "Skeleton") {
    main.TaskArea = main.skeletonArea;
    }

We check which String our user selected and change our Area in our Main class to the Area of the selected NPC, if your GUI is not in a separate class then you don't need to add "main."

Thanks Noodle!

Do you mind if I pm you if I have any other questions?

public int onLoop() {
            if (startScript) {
                } else {
                    }
                }
            }
            return 600;
        }

Since you are newish to coding I'll show you an easy but not the cleanest way to do what you want done. It's very easy to follow along and will work for what you need done.

What you need to do is implement a ActionListener in your GUI.

For example here is a ComboBox action listener in a Gui class

npcComboBox.addActionListener(e -> selectedNPC = npcComboBox.getSelectedItem().toString());

What this does is set my variable "String selectedNPC" in my gui class to a String that of the players choice

For reference here is how I set my ComboBox

npcComboBox.setModel(new DefaultComboBoxModel(new String[] {"Giant rat", "Scorpion", "Skeleton"}));

So selectedNPC will change each time the user selects a new option in the ComboBox

Now that we have information of what the player chose we need to convert the string into the location of what we selected, we do so by going to your Start button action listener (You should already have this implemented and your script shouldn't loop until your gui has been set.)

Inside our Start button action listener we add

if(selectedNPC == "Scorpion") {
    main.TaskArea = main.scorpionArea;
    }
    else if(selectedNPC =="Giant rat") {
    main.TaskArea = main.ratArea;
    }
    else if(selectedNPC == "Skeleton") {
    main.TaskArea = main.skeletonArea;
    }

We check which String our user selected and change our Area in our Main class to the Area of the selected NPC, if your GUI is not in a separate class then you don't need to add "main."

Thanks Noodle!

Do you mind if I pm you if I have any other questions?

Sure, although you'll probably get a faster response if you message me on Discord.

Archived