Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Client won't work

gumibearscuz

I posted this in the dev section but it seems to be a client issue.

Running ubuntu 16.04, java8 x64 (1.8.0_131 specifically).

I can start the client and it loads RS. I can play the game just fine but no scripts work at all, the developer tools don't work at all, and running local scripts causes crashes when using virtually any part of the api.

Scripts not working:

Mainly GUI elements being broken. It appears that the client cannot load any game objects because any GUI elements based on gameobjects/ground items/npcs seem broken.

Developer tools not working:

I login to the game then open Tool -> Debugging -> Game Debugger then trying to use "NPCs", "Game Objects", or "Ground Items" causes nothing to show. Clicking "Refresh" causes nothing to happen either. Player settings and widgets DO load for some reason.

Local scripts crashing:

They just get BTFO when using NPCs, GameObjects, or GroundItems. An example error is below (is from trying to run log(gameObject.toString()) (yes I checked that it was valid/non-null before printing)

• [ERROR]17:40:14: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.dreambot.core.3.1.0.3.0(3.java:92) at org.dreambot.api.wrappers.interactive.GameObject.getModel(GameObject.java:278) at org.dreambot.api.wrappers.interactive.GameObject.exists(GameObject.java:341) at org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.lambda$all$0(Interactables.java:61) at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:174) at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1374) at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481) at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471) at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:708) at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:499) at org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.all(Interactables.java:61) at Main.onStart(Main.java:28) at org.dreambot.api.script.AbstractScript.run(AbstractScript.java:195) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)   

I'd love to begin using DreamBot as your API looks incredible and the client has some wonderful features (framerate limiting, rendering options, CPU saver, and built in proxy support are magic) but sadly can't begin writing anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Archived