Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Why null is becoming scarce (and my thoughts on it)

Dioxin

There is no check. Default values can be cached if wanted, and that goes to show that Java just isn't up to par, seeing how it doesn't support such a system in it's specifications.

But there is no check (for the fourth time)

You realize Java sucks +1

If you haven't already figured it out everyone and their mother is elitist af on rs hacking forums even if they're retarded. It's just the way the forums work.

Where is your counter-argument? I'm just wrong? No reason? Is that how you guys handle things here?

Give me one example where null is actually useful, Mr Cambridge Graduate

simply because return null vs return Object.EMPTY

it would be nice if you hop on my dick, i can help you avoid flaming others everytime they disagree with a point

You realize Java sucks +1

If you haven't already figured it out everyone and their mother is elitist af on rs hacking forums even if they're retarded. It's just the way the forums work.

You're acting like I just now realized other languages have a lead over Java. It doesn't suck (if it did, people wouldn't use it... keep in mind the great servlet support), it's just not as modern as it should be. They definitely show up every other languahe when it comes to optimizing at runtime (leaves C# in the dust in that category).

simply because return null vs return Object.EMPTY

it would be nice if you hop on my dick, i can help you avoid flaming others everytime they disagree with a point

At least Object.EMPTY can have behavior, thus removing the need for a conditional check (to avoid accidentally using null).

for(Item item : items)
        item.doSomething();

is a lot better than

if(item != null) {
            item.doSomething();
        } else {
            //doSomethingElse();
        }

With your way, you save time typing a few letters. If java had better support for default reference values, then returning a true default value could be a lot cleaner and more efficient than returning null. But since nothing like that exists, we must create our own system.

It allows for smooth processing (no need to check, just go straight to what you want to do) and cleaner code. Hop on that, buddy.

And by the way, the only person I flamed was Swizz, and that's because he doesn't know when to pick his fights. He's been on my ass ever since I joined the botting community. Any other time, there was no point given

You're acting like I just now realized other languages have a lead over Java. It doesn't suck (if it did, people wouldn't use it... keep in mind the great servlet support), it's just not as modern as it should be. They definitely show up every other languahe when it comes to optimizing at runtime (leaves C# in the dust in that category).

At least Object.EMPTY can have behavior, thus removing the need for a conditional check (to avoid accidentally using null).

item.doSomething();

is a lot better than

if(item != null) {
            item.doSomething();
        } else {
            //doSomethingElse();
        }

With your way, you save time typing a few letters. If java had better support for default reference values, then returning a true default value could be a lot cleaner and more efficient than returning null. But since nothing like that exists, we must create our own system.

It allows for smooth processing (no need to check, just go straight to what you want to do) and cleaner code. Hop on that, buddy

and your way is just a lazier approach.

as you would say, hop on that, buddy

No one in their right mind would ever use Java for writing business applications unless it was absolutely necessary. Try telling your IT guys that they now have to manage having Java installed on every computer with all the updates, jdk vs jre, etc. Besides, the Java database drivers are absolute shit. Connecting to SQL Server or an Access database is normally instant for me using .NET.

Once again, I never said they were BAD. I said they weren't needed, and how people are using them now (as an actual value) is not how the creators intended it to be used. Please look into the specifications..

when null has began a value ? lol - @Polish Civil

What you say its just pattern that is or is not applied by programmers , thats all there is nothing more to talk about.
    Instead bitching about saying we dont agree with you, go make good null pattern example of realible thing like for scripting.
    This is nothing new in programming i dont see sense arguing about patterns lol

Love @Polish Civil

and your way is just a lazier approach.

as you would say, hop on that, buddy

A lazier approach to what? Implementing true default values? Nulls can't be used, they're only there to check. You shouldn't have to check; you should just do what you wanna do based on the value inside. 

It's not lazy; it's the only way to achieve true object oriented programming. Checks are no longer needed, so sit on that, why dontcha. I could give examples, if you'd like, although I would think a Cambridge graduate would know better  ;)

No one in their right mind would ever use Java for writing business applications unless it was absolutely necessary. Try telling your IT guys that they now have to manage having Java installed on every computer with all the updates, jdk vs jre, etc. Besides, the Java database drivers are absolute shit. Connecting to SQL Server or an Access database is normally instant for me using .NET.

when null has began a value ? lol - @Polish Civil

Many sites use Java (facebook, google, ect..). Research just isn't your thing, is it? Im sorry, but after that, you should probably back down and let dogerina take over

What you say its just pattern that is or is not applied by programmers , thats all there is nothing more to talk about.

Instead bitching about saying we dont agree with you, go make good null pattern example of realible thing like for scripting.

This is nothing new in programming i dont see sense arguing about patterns lol

Love @Polish Civil

Yeah, right now it's just a pattern, because that's all it can be in Java. In other languages, though, it's a standard, and for what I find to be a good reason too. Like I said, I never said null was bad; this was just an article about how languages are removing it as a mandatory specification, how null can be replaced (how this is even possible; some people cant wrap their minds around not using null, since it's so common). Programming is advancing, and it seems as if it's moving towards the removal of null. This was just a topic about that.

Nulls will always exist in Java (for backwards compatability), so it'll always be nothing more than a pattern in Java. For other languages, not quite so, and there's reason behind it

A lazier approach to what? Implementing true default values? Nulls can't be used, they're only there to check. You shouldn't have to check; you should just do what you wanna do based on the value inside. 

It's not lazy; it's the only way to achieve true object oriented programming. Checks are no longer needed, so sit on that, why dontcha. I could give examples, if you'd like, although I would think a Cambridge graduate would know better  ;)

Many sites use Java (facebook, google, ect..). Research just isn't your thing, is it? Im sorry, but after that, you should probably back down and let dogerina take over

If you'd like a meme battle I will gladly accept and rape you.

returning an object makes it feel like data is actually being returned...when in reality nothing is being returned. null should be used (at least as returns)

when you use an empty object, what exactly are you accessing? Nothing.

the purpose of returning null is to return nothing, why would people go out of their ways to return something?

Which is all on their backend....no one interacts with it.

@@Dogerina he hopped on that d quick xD

If you'd like a meme battle I will gladly accept and rape you.

returning an object makes it feel like data is actually being returned...when in reality nothing is being returned. null should be used (at least as returns)

when you use an empty object, what exactly are you accessing? Nothing.

You are accessing behavior you want to be performed if no specific value is specified. You don't need to perform a check in fear of getting an error. You could instead perform the default behavior (which might be "do nothing")

Which is all on their backend....no one interacts with it.

@@Dogerina he hopped on that d quick xD

Woooooooooow. What are you saying? Back-end isnt real programming?

And only true dick riders do what you just did, buddy /:

Archived