Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Bottingtips: Ban Prevention

fstyle

KPuDNZJ.png

Are your accounts getting banned too quickly? Or are you just looking for tips to prevent bans? Here are some tips for you.

Disclaimer: All these tips are gained from our botting experience and from tips from various guides on other botting sites.

Botting immediately after tutorial island

Tutorial island

Botting immediately after tutorial island hugely increases your chances of getting banned

immediately. We suggest that you play on the account legitimately for a few minutes to a few hours before running a script to make Jagex’s ban detection software think that you’re a legitimate player and to decrease suspicion.

Botting tutorial island

“Most bots don’t get off tutorial island.”

– Mod Mat K

If you want your accounts to last longer, do tutorial island legitimately. Botting tutorial island gets your account into Jagex’s watchlist just a few moments after you run your script. Tutorial island only takes only a bit more than 5 minutes so this shouldn’t be a problem.

Botting on bot-infested areas

Don’t bot on places or methods whereas there are alot of botters. A good example for this is the blast furnace. Yes, the cash there is good, but there are too much bots in that location, which is most likely targeted by Jagex already. We suggest that you be creative and think of your own moneymaking method.

Breaks

Legitimate players don’t play for dozens of hours without taking breaks (except if you’re Mr. Nosleep). Use the break handler features on most available botting clients. The break time patterns are up to you to decide.

Proxy Usage

We can’t stress this enough. Unless you want all your bots to get wiped on one go or unless you want your legitimate accounts to get involved in ban/RWT detection, USE PRIVATE PROXIES. The last thing you want is to be traced by Jagex.

They help a lot. Fortunately for you, we have that topic covered.

> Our Proxies list

Free Scripts?

Yes. Free scripts can work, but using free scripts can get you banned alot faster compared to using a premium script or private script, simply due to free scripts having alot more bots using the exact same patterns that the script uses. Purchasing premium scripts or private scripts can help your bots get banned noticeably longer.

Bot using P2P accounts

Yes, a bond might cost quite a bit. But in our experience, we think that botting using P2P accounts is a lot more worth it since we think P2P accounts last alot longer than F2P accounts in terms of ban detection. Well, unless you're suicide botting.

Switch things up

You are more likely to get banned if you bot one method straight. We suggest that you mix up your methods instead of botting one method for hours on end. Why? Simply because most legitimate players don’t mine iron ores for 15 hours straight. (e.g. Woodcut for 2 hours, then mine for an hour, etc etc.)

Also, switching methods may help your bots dodge Jagex’s bot detection due to your patterns being changed up.

Take breaks 

Once again, legitimate players don’t usually play 24/7. Takes random days off. Go on days where you just play and do a quest or two or just chat with people on Edgeville.

Personally, I take breaks only for like once or twice a week. Just to avoid suspicion.

Random usernames & player outfit

Your display name probably wouldn’t affect the way the anti-bot system detects bots, but you are more likely to get reported when you use usernames like “Dragon632653” or “Monkey263263”.

While you’re at it, we at BottingTips think that you’re also more likely to get reported when you have the default “Bob” player skin/outfit.

Hey I'm not sure this is allowed, you're clearly using this as a refferal scheme and giving bad suggestions in my opinion. We'll see if staff agree.

oh. the referrals are on two other specific links, but there arent referrals on my main post. lets just wait for the mods so I can remove links to other posts.

oh. the referrals are on two other specific links, but there arent referrals on my main post. lets just wait for the mods so I can remove links to other posts.

The point is you're using this post as a staging point to refferal links on other parts of the site for $$$.

The point is you're using this post as a staging point to refferal links on other parts of the site for $$$.

You just gotta look at the negative things right? Instead of thinking that a post would be informative to people.

It's always those "hurr durr you're only doing it for the money".

Archived