Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Does Powerchopping=Higher For Bans?

Grimbles

So I was woodcutting at Willows in Draynor and had the loot setting on "Power Chop." About an hour later when I checked the bot I noticed some guy giving me shit about botting and that he had reported me. I asked him on what grounds and he replied with, "You're dropping your logs... Only bots do that."

Is this a common giveaway for bots? I obviously wasn't under this impression until he told me, and apparently it was enough to raise suspicion for him to report me for botting. Not only that, he also told everyone around him at the spot to report me as well  <_<

So... Is this something I should avoid? Or was this guy just being a jabroni? Even if it isn't true it still begs the question if power-chopping is even a good idea for bots, since any reason for someone to report you is a bad one and should be avoided as much as possible. I'm willing to lose some time off my proggies if it means keeping Jamflex warriors off my tail...

Thanks.

EDIT: Grammar

DOUBLE EDIT: The title should be, "Does Power-Chopping=Higher Chance For Ban?"

For what I know, chopping trees that are usually done so for profit (yews, magics, etc) have a higher ban rate than those that are cut for xp (willows, teaks, etc).

He's a dumbass who is probably trying to become a p-mod.  Unfortunately, if he did report you, it could stick.

In any case, power chopping willows is not common bot behavior as it's going towards xp not gp. (no one chops willows for gp lmao) 

Edit: in the future, if you are wcing for xp, do it in an uncommon spot, unlike Draynor where normal players usually wc, like the willows by the pond in between draynor and lumbridge.

For what I know, chopping trees that are usually done so for profit (yews, magics, etc) have a higher ban rate than those that are cut for xp (willows, teaks, etc).

He's a dumbass who is probably trying to become a p-mod.  Unfortunately, if he did report you, it could stick.

In any case, power chopping willows is not common bot behavior as it's going towards xp not gp. (no one chops willows for gp lmao) 

Edit: in the future, if you are wcing for xp, do it in an uncommon spot, unlike Draynor where normal players usually wc, like the willows by the pond in between draynor and lumbridge.

I just switched over to the Willows near Fred's house, totally empty spot where I can power chop in peace.

One good thing about powerchopping is that you can use the script at very random not populated locations. This way powerchopping might be safer.

Motherfucker... The same account just got disabled... Granted, I used 2-3 different scripts on it of varying lengths, but still, you have to wonder if it was because of the report from the guy 

It most likely was, although, I was using the same woodcutting script and my account was disabled as well. Granted, I was reported many times for botting on that account within the past 4 or 5 days =-).

It most likely was, although, I was using the same woodcutting script and my account was disabled as well. Granted, I was reported many times for botting on that account within the past 4 or 5 days =-).

I don't believe it was the wcing script as it's really quite good. I think it's just annoying players reporting 

^ What Dreamlicker said.

You can think about it in terms of getting banned in two possible ways:

1) Automatic bot detection. This can be avoided with complex, realistic scripts.

2) Player reports. If a player assumes that you're botting and reports you, then it's pretty likely that it will be investigated very shortly thereafter. To prevent this, think of uncommon, low traffic locations.

Archived