Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Should I donate on the Sythe Dreambot account?

Antonio

So as some of you now, I've been bumping the sythe thread for dreambot, with the account with the name "Dream Bot" for a few weeks now.

Dreambot Account

9b05a2520ed76f4f0e9d2a52f8ce7264.png

And recently, I've gotten pretty active on sythe posting, because then I'd literally be a walking advertisement for Dreambot with the linked signature. 

Anyways, the main question reason for this question is directed at the Devs. I'm planning to donate 5$ to sythe in order to gain the 5$ donator rank. 

Benefits of this:
    * The "Dream Bot" sythe account would look more like an actual sythe user, rather than just advertisement. People will see the 5$ donator and be therefore will more likely trust the website/bot etc. without overlooking it as another "bot advertiser". 

* I'll be rendering services on sythe, therefore the more trust people have with me, the more they trust Dreambot. 

Possible Negatives:

* I am quite possibly holding the reputation of dreambot on sythe at the moment, therefore any action of mine could directly affect the way dreambot is seen through sythe. I have absolutely no intentions of doing anything malicious/against the rules, however some opinions I post may affect the way people see dreambot. I always keep this in mind while posting atm.

-----

Anyways I'd like to hear the communities input on this. What do you think I should do? Should I donate and start rendering services on sythe?

Thanks guys.

Edit.

Another reason for this is because some people on sythe think im the owner of DB. 

You're just a person named Dream Bot, that's all.

Some people think im the owner cause of all the bumping and the sig lol, and also because I posted to put dreambot on sythe's list of oldschool bots.

I'd prefer if you didn't, personally. I don't know how I feel about everyone thinking you're the official dreambot account on sythe. I'd much rather merge your Dream Bot acc with our DreamBot account. But this is something you should be talking to @Chris about as he's now our head of advertisement.

I'd prefer if you didn't, personally. I don't know how I feel about everyone thinking you're the official dreambot account on sythe. I'd much rather merge your Dream Bot acc with our DreamBot account. But this is something you should be talking to @Chris about as he's now our head of advertisement.

Maybe if I put somewhere in my account

"I am in no way affiliated with Dreambot staff" or w/e 

up to you guys tho I dont really mind

Donating isn't really worth it at Sythe honestly.. They make you pay like extra $20 for like a $50 donor... I wanted to donate $100 there but then it costed like $150? I was like wtf..

Donating isn't really worth it at Sythe honestly.. They make you pay like extra $20 for like a $50 donor... I wanted to donate $100 there but then it costed like $150? I was like wtf..

Apparently trust is much bigger when comparing a non donor to a 5$ donor. 5$ donor costs about 7$ tho, not too big. 

It's not worth it. Donations may back up trust in the market - but if you believe donating will help with promotion, your wrong. It's more about quantity, not quality. It's better to post more as advertisement rather than having a donor post expect everyone to come rushing in.

Just give them the memo that dreambot exists and they'll get curious. Trust me, everyone is still searching for that golden "ban-free" bot.

It's not worth it. Donations may back up trust in the market - but if you believe donating will help with promotion, your wrong. It's more about quantity, not quality. It's better to post more as advertisement rather than having a donor post expect everyone to come rushing in.

Not the point. I wanted to donate because I'm going to start rendering services on the market :P I just listed it as a benefit, and asked whether or not dreambot staff will allow it. 

If it really doesn't affect anything then I don't see any problems here, but im holding off because Nezz preferred that I didn't. 

I think you should wait till @Chris, head of Advertisement, decides how and when to advertise. You going on your own to advertise will make things worse because you don't know the full extent to how @Chris wants to advertise.

Archived