Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Spinning Flax Into Bowstrings

Grimbles

Just recently I realized how big of a price gap flax is from bowstrings and decided to try out spinning. I was surprised how huge of a profit you can turn on flax and this is honestly a better money making method than some combat scripts out there.

The only problem is I've gotten 3 bots banned this way right off the bat. Even if the time spent spinning is low, Jagex really seems to have a handle on this scripting method.

It's a shame, because this is actually a pretty legitimate way to make gold in OSRS.

Also this is for general discussion purposes only.

i can't suggest private scripts enough today, im genuinely not very active but i feel chatty today. You should help promote our coders by purchasing private scripts. you may end up paying $60 for something like this but the reason regular flaxing bots get detected is because the scripts are extremely simple and since it is super profitable many people buy and use these scripts so the algorithm is easy to pick up on. some suggestions, have the coder make the bot speak 2 or 3 random phrases that are non social like "fuck you guys" or "leave me teh fuck alone" as well as different antiban methods you could imagine. i bought a flaxer about 4months ago and have made great profit from it. goodluck

The above post says it all really, if your botting you should use private if you can't afford private scripts then go premium, less users that use it the better, private will be the best. If you want I can make a script for it just PM me

I mean.. I don't agree with randomly spamming hate words and whatnot as an anti-ban, but Hoke does have a point. When a new script is introduced, Jagex has no information on it. They can't detect patterns as they would be able to for hundreds of other users.

I mean.. I don't agree with randomly spamming hate words and whatnot as an anti-ban, but Hoke does have a point. When a new script is introduced, Jagex has no information on it. They can't detect patterns as they would be able to for hundreds of other users.

You really think that a private flax script would survive longer than an existing one? Like it actually comes down to the script itself, and not just the method like flaxing? I was using Dreamlickers and that script is pretty much an insta ban sometimes.

Just wondering because I'm probably going to be buying some private scripts soon, and I like your woodcutting guild script.

You really think that a private flax script would survive longer than an existing one? Like it actually comes down to the script itself, and not just the method like flaxing? I was using Dreamlickers and that script is pretty much an insta ban sometimes.

Just wondering because I'm probably going to be buying some private scripts soon, and I like your woodcutting guild script.

The method probably has the most impact overall, but then it comes down to whether the script is complex/human enough to not be picked up by their bot detection.

Thank you :}

Private scripts are the way to go, it's pretty much unanimously agreed upon by every user on dreambot, if you use a private script you will notice the difference in bans obviously if it's a good one

i can't suggest private scripts enough today, im genuinely not very active but i feel chatty today. You should help promote our coders by purchasing private scripts. you may end up paying $60 for something like this but the reason regular flaxing bots get detected is because the scripts are extremely simple and since it is super profitable many people buy and use these scripts so the algorithm is easy to pick up on. some suggestions, have the coder make the bot speak 2 or 3 random phrases that are non social like "fuck you guys" or "leave me teh fuck alone" as well as different antiban methods you could imagine. i bought a flaxer about 4months ago and have made great profit from it. goodluck

I had no idea there was such a thing as private scripts... Where can I access these? I agree spinning flax is stupidly good profit and you can even just buy it on the ge and flip it for lots of profit. I was using Spin Lick and it got three of my accounts banned almost instantly.

Where can I find private scripts on this site?

I disagree with this post entirely, you can make really good profit from spinlick. You must be using it wrong.

You can make a good profit from Spin Lick, it's just going to get your account banned...

I had no idea there was such a thing as private scripts... Where can I access these? I agree spinning flax is stupidly good profit and you can even just buy it on the ge and flip it for lots of profit. I was using Spin Lick and it got three of my accounts banned almost instantly.

Where can I find private scripts on this site?

You can make a good profit from Spin Lick, it's just going to get your account banned...

If you look into the private script shops section of the forums, there are experience script writers that have made their own personal shops. You just need to get into contact with them and discuss pricing and the method you'd like. They generally go by hourly rates. Xephy has his own private script shop I believe and his rates are a little lower than others and he is a really solid scripter.

And again, with spinning flax, it's all about getting the timing down for me. I discovered there was no minimum safe time to run the script for me. Once the script was started it seems to flag an inevitable ban for me at around 2:15-2:30 am (roughly 8 am uk time, when Jagex starts work) so I started the scripts at a little after 3 am and cashed out every 6 hours or so, but made sure I was cashed out at midnight or 1 am the next day. I was able to run the bots for roughly 22 hours and I was in the profit margin after about 16 hours due to the bond. Each bot I had running made ~160/170k per hour for about 6 hours, so each bot made around 1mil before getting banned.

I did this with about 7-10 bots at the time, making roughly 7-10 mil per day.

Before I had the timing figured out as I mentioned above, there was a lot of trial and error and getting banned on accounts without making it to the profit threshold. Also, the times I have mentioned above are for the weekdays when Jagex is much more active, so weekend figures would most likely be better. It's a very good method for dipping your toes into the gold farming game so to speak, but there are better methods out there.

Hope this helps.

Archived