Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • I want to advance in scripts developing

pitoluwa

So... Idk what to do next, I can write scripts with separate classes, tasks, states and other craps...

But I want to make next step, and don't know where to start, maybe multi-threading scripts? 

So... Idk what to do next, I can write scripts with separate classes, tasks, states and other craps...

But I want to make next step, and don't know where to start, maybe multi-threading scripts? 

I would suggest maybe building a task system, or even would be to better a create a remote botting system, so that you can give your bot new tasks, or edit how they are running all remotely. I think that would be pretty cool to see.

Write your own web walker.

I would wait until my project is done that I have been working on the past couple weeks, and hopefully will fix all the walking problems we have in the client. Pretty much the entire walking and web system are going to be revised.

Here is a preview of my map tool that I created to help aid the creation process.

bed3f9863e.jpg

Multi-threading scripts is generally not useful aside from few specific actions considering most interactions with the game require mouse movement.

For me I try to write my code to be as elegant and clean as possible, making it readable and easily expandable.

Multi-threading scripts is generally not useful aside from few specific actions considering most interactions with the game require mouse movement.

For my I try to write my code to be as elegant and clean as possible, making it readable and easily expandable.

As far as the main control of the script, that should be on a single thread. On the contrary, anything that does not interact with the client can benefit from multi-threading. Such as calculations done in the paint event (which is already multi-threaded) or calculations you do outside of the main bot loop.

You could potentially write a script platform which polls a thread for its next action to complete - have the thread calculate the best move while the client is taking care of the previous command. You should see an increase in efficiency if the decision takes more than one game tic to complete.

• 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...

As far as the main control of the script, that should be on a single thread. On the contrary, anything that does not interact with the client can benefit from multi-threading. Such as calculations done in the paint event (which is already multi-threaded) or calculations you do outside of the main bot loop.

You could potentially write a script platform which polls a thread for its next action to complete - have the thread calculate the best move while the client is taking care of the previous command. You should see an increase in efficiency if the decision takes more than one game tic to complete.

I used multi threading in my construction bot to constantly get updates on item changes/updates. It works really well, in the sense that it updates the scripts automatically instead of having to wait for the onLoop() to hit the line of code that checks if something is true/false. The second thread has already checked it.

• 5 months later...

I would suggest maybe building a task system, or even would be to better a create a remote botting system, so that you can give your bot new tasks, or edit how they are running all remotely. I think that would be pretty cool to see.

I would wait until my project is done that I have been working on the past couple weeks, and hopefully will fix all the walking problems we have in the client. Pretty much the entire walking and web system are going to be revised.

Here is a preview of my map tool that I created to help aid the creation process.

bed3f9863e.jpg

How did you create that tool? Does it support other levels like upstairs or dungeons? I'm trying to get a script working for the Security stronghold. Care to share the tool?

Archived