Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • The DreamBot Advertisement Team

Chris

January 2015 is partial data.

I know.

Now here are some graphs of the regular "OSRS" trend.

Make what you want of it. Just my 2 cents.

And good luck with whatever you end up doing :)

(You're welcome for those RR ads, considering you hadn't ever seen one (a))

c6d740dbb953968886bbb15e49fa42b2.png

a56b4371e7844ebd6164cae0ef780213.png

So far, most of your posts @Botre have been criticizing. Have any suggestions for how you would advertise?

Another day perhaps and via PM.

Your competitors are listening over here ;)

Lol, enjoy.

He banned me on OSB.

The strategy we discussed on here, you know.. the one he called dumb and ineffective, seems to have scared the shit out of him.

Joke's on you.

I think for the first time in my life I completely agree with @Botre. It's incredibly stupid to rely on word of mouth, considering it's only got a handful of products any attention out of billions of others who have tried the same approach.

The problem here is that the administration thinks like a developer/scripter and not a normal user. A normal person goes to Google, types in "oldschool runescape bot", clicks the first link (maybe the second) but no way in hell go onto the second page. Unfortunately you guys are attempting to compete with other established bots which already have the PR and Alexa rankings in the top million to appear on the first page. Even if you guys were the very first Google result people would take one look at the forums, see your userbase and turn right away.

Also, not sure if it's just some random DDoS attempts, but you guys constantly have 100+ guests and no new members. Your conversion rate is terrible, and that should tell you something.

Negativity aside, in my opinion the best course of action would be to work on SEO (I have some good resources, PM me if you guys are interested) and generating a good userbase. If this means spamming other sites then so be it, all this talk of making the site look bad means nothing and isn't true at all. Anyone that thinks differently is, again, thinking like an administrator/developer/scripter. As a user I'm all for getting PM's about other bots, especially if I'm not happy with my current one.

Remember, a typical user isn't in the "botting circle" like most of us are.

Your target market = cheaters / potential cheaters.

>>

• Caring about the quality of being "honest" towards other cheating sites is a mistake.

This logic is very flawewd. As people who CHEAT THE SYSTEm on a daily basis I think a sense of security and honesty is important for people.

I agree with when he says that SEO should be a top priority. Also, we basically have no scripts and therefore the client is irrelevant. While spamming other botting forums with our client's advertisements may be effective (I have seen no evidence to support this claim), I would never endorse such an operation. While I have no stake in the outcome of this bot, I still value respecting the botting communities that have gotten us here rather than abusing them. Then again, I'm not here for profit. ;)

I think everyone here is forgetting one major thing.

Currently we're not in a position to even fully advertise.

We're lacking scripts and features that put us above anything else.

When we have the appropriate standing to attempt to pull not-new users to our client, we can look further into different possibilities of advertisement.

We are not solely relying on word of mouth. These are just one of the ways we can advertise.

You don't see AMD sending people to Intel campuses and saying "Hey, you should go buy an AMD processor. They're gr8"

You see commercials on TV, billboards, and internet ads.

You do not see them competing on each other's sites or forums.

You see people not working for Intel (most of the time) talking about how different processors compare on processor sites. Sites that have no affiliation with either side. Through this, word of mouth spreads.

I do see regularly TV ads taking shots at competitor companies, and every time I see them it makes me want to not buy their products.

When we have the appropriate standing to attempt to pull not-new users to our client, we can look further into different possibilities of advertisement.

We are not solely relying on word of mouth. These are just one of the ways we can advertise.

You don't see AMD sending people to Intel campuses and saying "Hey, you should go buy an AMD processor. They're gr8"

You see people not working for Intel (most of the time) talking about how different processors compare on processor sites. Sites that have no affiliation with either side. Through this, word of mouth spreads.

I do see regularly TV ads taking shots at competitor companies, and every time I see them it makes me want to not buy their products.

this

who the fuck is going to switch from their current botting solution to come to a new client with little to no scripts and a (somewhat) unfinished product?  You guys have done most of the hard work in making the client and surrounding yourselves with people that can make good scripts, its time to finish the product and THEN advertise WHY you are better than the rest in a respectful manner.  People will catch on IF you stand out from the crowd

This logic is very flawewd. As people who CHEAT THE SYSTEm on a daily basis I think a sense of security and honesty is important for people.

How is informing people about a superior product not fair towards those people?

It's not fair towards other bot devs, f those.

We are not solely relying on word of mouth. These are just one of the ways we can advertise.

That's because AMD has plenty of other ways to access Intel's users to try to persuade them: television slots, magazines, youtube reviewers, papers, billboards,...

Those advertisement opportunities do not exist for OSRS botting, hell they barely even exist for OSRS.

OSRS botting is an unauthorized niche activity inside a (secondary) niche game.

TV spot? Expensive

Interned ads? Where are you going to put them if not where they would be the most effective?

Billboards? Really?

Magazines? Nope.

Neutral sites? Again, really? Those are so unpopular you cold posts nudes of Maldesto there and they wouldn't even leak to OSB.

You want to advertise to botters you go to where they are: the other botting sites.

On a final note:

In order for word to mouth to spread, influential and persuasive people need to be seen using a product or be heard talking about it.

Considering people are not going to talk about or show which bot they are using in the places where it would matter the most (because it's not authorized by those places) I wouldn't count on it.

The main reason you don't see AMD posting on Intel's site is because they can't.

You can but choose not to because AMD can't, but AMD would. 

Neutral sites? Again, really? Those are so unpopular you cold posts nudes of Maldesto there and they wouldn't even leak to OSB.

Plenty of sites like Sythe and Rune-Server have hundreds of thousands of members.

Archived