Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • The DreamBot Advertisement Team

Chris

Hello everyone,

If you've read dev-blog 4, you've heard about the advertisement team. One of the biggest challenges we are facing is getting the word about DreamBot out. We have a very strong client and some very skilled scripters. The only thing we are missing are the users. This is where you come in. Below you will find an application for being part of the advertising team.

Being a part of the advertising team carries serious weight and is what represents DreamBot. You will be the PR for DreamBot. With that being said, we need a team of devoted people who won't jeopardize our name. In the past, other bots have resorted to PMing members on competitor forums. We are against that. We need our name to get out there, professionally.

Here's an (incomplete) list of acceptable ways of advertising.

• Mentioning a benefit of our client to someone with a question on a non-competitor forum.
    • Adding DreamBot added to bot lists on forums such as Scythe and Rune-Server.
    • Creating a thread for DreamBot in the appropriate section of non-competitor forums.

Here's an (incomplete) list of UNACCEPTABLE ways of advertising. (These make DreamBot look really bad. Please don't do any of these.)

• PMing members of competitor forums.
    • Posting threads advertising us on competitor forums.
    • Anything that will get you banned/muted on competitor forums.
    • Anything that will get you banned/muted on non-competitor forums.
    • Spamming on non-competitor forums.

If you are unsure on anything, you need to ask one of the devs first before going through with your way of advertising.

If we find a team member damaging our reputation through bad ways of advertising, membership from the team will be removed. If it is severe enough, punishment will be given. The punishment will be decided on a case-by-case basis. (Hopefully nothing comes down to this!!)

Moving away from the bad things, there are benefits of being on the team!

We will be giving away free VIP memberships to team members who advertise properly and promote our name well.

Please post these in the staff applications section.

Application template

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:

Do you have any advertising experience? If so, what is your experience?

What skills do you have that can be used to advertise DreamBot?

In what ways would you advertise DreamBot?

You find a member of our team misrepresenting DreamBot through damaging ways of advertising. What do you do and why?

Give a suggestion to make the team better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I look forward to reading all of the applications!

Thank you for your time,

Chris

Hello everyone,

If you've read dev-blog 4, you've heard about the advertisement team. One of the biggest challenges we are facing is getting the word about DreamBot out. We have a very strong client and some very skilled scripters. The only thing we are missing are the users. This is where you come in. Below you will find an application for being part of the advertising team.

Being a part of the advertising team carries serious weight and is what represents DreamBot. You will be the PR for DreamBot. With that being said, we need a team of devoted people who won't jeopardize our name. In the past, other bots have resorted to PMing members on competitor forums. We are against that. We need our name to get out there, professionally.

Here's an (incomplete) list of acceptable ways of advertising.

• Mentioning a benefit of our client to someone with a question on a non-competitor forum.
    • Adding DreamBot added to bot lists on forums such as Scythe and Rune-Server.
    • Creating a thread for DreamBot in the appropriate section of non-competitor forums.

Here's an (incomplete) list of UNACCEPTABLE ways of advertising. (These make DreamBot look really bad. Please don't do any of these.)

• PMing members of competitor forums.
    • Posting threads advertising us on competitor forums.
    • Anything that will get you banned/muted on competitor forums.
    • Anything that will get you banned/muted on non-competitor forums.
    • Spamming on non-competitor forums.

If you are unsure on anything, you need to ask one of the devs first before going through with your way of advertising.

If we find a team member damaging our reputation through bad ways of advertising, membership from the team will be removed. If it is severe enough, punishment will be given. The punishment will be decided on a case-by-case basis. (Hopefully nothing comes down to this!!)

Moving away from the bad things, there are benefits of being on the team!

We will be giving away free VIP memberships to team members who advertise properly and promote our name well.

Please post these in the staff applications section.

Application template

Name:

Do you have any advertising experience? If so, what is your experience?

What skills do you have that can be used to advertise DreamBot?

In what ways would you advertise DreamBot?

You find a member of our team misrepresenting DreamBot through damaging ways of advertising. What do you do and why?

Give a suggestion to make the team better.

I look forward to reading all of the applications!

Thank you for your time,

Chris

applied! <3 

25 cents / day.

Really?

Advertising should be your absolute priority, invest some decent money, don't be afraid of the more nasty methods.

Oh and what's the point of having a "good name" if no one is going to know it?

meh

25 cents / day.

Really?

Advertising should be your absolute priority, invest some decent money, don't be afraid of the more nasty methods.

Oh and what's the point of having a "good name" if no one is going to know it?

meh

This is secondary advertising.

We plan on investing money on more effective advertising as soon as we have a few features to catch peoples' eye (working on those now).

We're not going to damage our integrity to save a few dollars.

This is secondary advertising.

We plan on investing money on more effective advertising as soon as we have a few features to catch peoples' eye (working on those now).

We're not going to damage our integrity to save ourselves a few dollars.

Your target market = cheaters / potential cheaters.

>>

• Caring about the quality of being "honest" towards other cheating sites is a mistake.
    • If you are really better than the rest, then the cheaters will actually be glad that you told them.

Are you really that afraid of Maldesto?

>>

• Caring about the quality of being "honest" towards other cheating sites is a mistake.
    • If you are really better than the rest, then the cheaters will actually be glad that you told them.

If we're really better than the rest, then people will eventually catch on, without us using unprofessional and sleazy methods of gaining members.

We're not afraid of Maldesto or any other developer/admins for that matter, we have enough respect for them not to spam on their sites.

If you can't get members using moral means, then you're doing something wrong.

If we're really better than the rest, then people will eventually catch on, without us using unprofessional and sleazy methods of gaining members.

We're not afraid of Maldesto or any other developer/admins for that matter, we have enough respect for them not to spam on their sites.

What's unprofessional / immoral about telling potential customers the truth (that is, if you are actually better)?

1. You'd actually be doing those potential customers a service.

2. You'd only be hurting your competitor's market share, which is the whole point of advertising (and business in general) in the first place.

If you can't get members using moral means, then you're doing something wrong.

The vast majority of your target market can already be found on competing sites, assuming otherwise would be a huge mistake, not going after those people would also be a huge mistake.

But go ahead and be "moral": advertise on the websites the <1% of your target market visits and hope for an extremely unlikely mouth-to-mouth advertising epidemic. I sincerely hope that'll work for you guys, but the odds are very much not on your side.

What's unprofessional / immoral about telling potential customers the truth (that is, if you are actually better)?

1. You'd actually be doing those potential customers a service.

2. You'd only be hurting your competitor's market share, which is the whole point of advertising (and business in general) in the first place.

The vast majority of your target market can already be found on competing sites, assuming otherwise would be a huge mistake, not going after those people would also be a huge mistake.

But go ahead and be "moral": advertise on the websites the

Honestly when I see a bot client try advertising on another client community, I usually think to myself "Their client must be pretty shitty to go that low for users.".

Also I believe, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Meaning I don't want assholes coming here and trying to advertise a client or other community, so why would I do the same to other communities? Would be very hypocritical.

Honestly when I see a bot client try advertising on another client community, I usually think to myself "Their client must be pretty shitty to go that low for users.".

I've honestly never seen a decent execution of the strategy either, but that doesn't make it a bad one.

It could be done well, professionally and successfully.

Also I believe, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Meaning I don't want assholes coming here and trying to advertise a client or other community, so why would I do the same to other communities? Would be very hypocritical.

Let them advertise and prove them wrong.

The only reason OSB is so afraid of advertisers is because they wouldn't be able to prove those claiming they are better wrong.

>>

LOL, you are dumb. You do realize advertising via pm or posting on other forums just make the bot look like a big joke. That is why shitbot by solution did horrible. They continually tried to advertise and spam our forums. Look how far that got them. Another bot ran by thomas, has done 0 advertising on our site, yet has a more stable user base than exco ever had. We are actually gaining our user base back, without advertising on other sites or being shady. You know the users that made this website and bot have made thousands off our site. Some people have respect on the internet..

Archived