Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Bans, IP Address, VPN

Eternum

Hey guys after I just got some topics that I just gotta ask. I've just came back to Runescape in general after a 2-3 year break. I was basically maxed out on RS3 till they completely threw away the game. I used to bot on RS3 wayyyyyy back. Before powerbot, it was rsbot or something like that with Jacmob, before RSBuddy turned into just a playing client. I decided to come back to RS and give it a try again. It was just like I remembered it. But since I came back, I've been botting. Once a botter, always a botter. IMO.

In less than a months time, I've been banned on 5 different accounts. I just can't stop. It's a grind. Of course I understand that when you bot, there is always a risk but 5 times in less than a month?

Every time I create a new account and pay for membership, I go straight to agility till I get full graceful which is around 65 with Pandemic's script.(Sorry for throwing you under the bus). I bot for around 30 mins time and 20 min breaks (randomized), and I don't bot when I go to bed. I guess none of that matters. I've been banned on every single account I've made on OSRS. Is Jagex's bot detection system that good? I mean damn. I'm not gonna say that the agility script was perfect. It has some obvious issues which screams bot. I even stop the bot sometimes to do some woodcutting and firemaking legit. Even now I give the script the benefit of the doubt, and I'm about to do it all over again. It would be awesome if you guys could give some input on how to lower the chances? I'm not trying to just toss away another 9 dollars again with out some knowledge.

Is there something I should do differently?

Do they use IP addresses to see all the accounts made at my address?

Will using VPN really matter? I know a guy and asked him about VPN and he basically said VPN is not perfect. It is it true that it can be easily bypassed?

Apologies for the bad grammar and punctuation. 

Even flawless scripts get you banned. Jagex has upped their game. You're lucky to keep an account for a month, heck, even a week.

save yourself some money and purchase gp n just buy a bond which would be like 3.5m = like $3.40-$4 depends cuz I don't know prices from resellers

Actually not a bad idea.

I think the idea of having a bot account as a "main" account(in which you bot without any other goal in mind besides getting levels and shit) is dead right now. The only way around it would probably be making your own client in a really different way from the ones we have and bot with very well thought scripts/methodologies, in very limited amounts of time.

But it wouldn't be that worth it for the most part, as you would have more work doing this than actually playing the game legitimately.
    Either way, It could be that your IP is flagged if you've made and botted all the five different accounts from the same one, but I think they mostly flag IP's when there's a lot of current bots on the same one. What you can try though that would probably make it last a bit longer is to bot less, and change what you're botting more frequently.

Also, buy bonds instead of membership, and taking breaks every 30mins of about 20mins is not very human-like.

Does anyone know if they keep tabs on the people's IP that has been caught botting before? Any experiences? 

Don't use a VPN, that would be worse than using your residential IP address. For some reason or another, VPNs will often get you banned in RS. Probably due to suicide botters just killing it as soon as new IPs get released, much like public proxies.

If you want to create an account you care about, you can follow these steps:

1. Start out fresh, delete all files associated with RS, make sure "random.dat" is deleted from your User folder.
    2. Clear java cache and uninstall java, all plug ins, etc.
    3. Uninstall every bot client you've ever used, even if you don't use it now. I've gotten banned before from only having OSBot on my system, without even botting.
    4. Find a good provider of private/shared proxies (socks4/5 or HTTPS with CONNECT) and sign up a RS account with your proxy.
    5. Reinstall Java and download the VIP client only
    6. Insert the same proxy you used to create the account
    7. Make sure covert mode is enabled
    8. Do tutorial island by hand, do the starter quests, and then let the account sit for a week or two. You can log on every once in a while to do random stuff.

NOW you can think more clearly about botting. You should still understand that your account is like a ticking time bomb, and all you've done is lengthened the fuse, so if you're going to bot, I recommend doing it for gold and not for levels.

Feel free to inbox me if you get stuck.

I think the idea of having a bot account as a "main" account(in which you bot without any other goal in mind besides getting levels and shit) is dead right now. The only way around it would probably be making your own client in a really different way from the ones we have and bot with very well thought scripts/methodologies, in very limited amounts of time.

But it wouldn't be that worth it for the most part, as you would have more work doing this than actually playing the game legitimately.
    Either way, It could be that your IP is flagged if you've made and botted all the five different accounts from the same one, but I think they mostly flag IP's when there's a lot of current bots on the same one. What you can try though that would probably make it last a bit longer is to bot less, and change what you're botting more frequently.

Also, buy bonds instead of membership, and taking breaks every 30mins of about 20mins is not very human-like.

Sorry dude but i do bot on my main. You just have to be careful sometimes and dont bot too much.

And also i test scripts with it so sometimes they do silly things

Archived