Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Covert mode - more or less likely to be banned ?

deuvbotter

Hello,

I have been botting using all the free scripts for around six months now, averaging around 10 hours a day or so missing some days here and there.

I have gained eight 99's in this time.

I thought I would become a VIP so,I read the information regarding 'covert mode', had mixed feelings about it but thought; 'hey why not'.

I activated covert mode and after one day of botting I have received a 48 hour ban.

Is this coincidence or is using covert mode actually worse than just standard botting?

As you can tell I am very disappointed and dissatisfied with this ban, however as we all know Runescape's rules, we cant complain much.

I just wanted to hear peoples own stories about using covert mode.

Deuv 

Would you suggest using it or not using it?

Also, anyone have any advice in relation to botting after you have received a temporary ban?

Will you get caught very quickly, should you leave it a certain amount of time etc?

From what I understand about how bans have been going, any long term botting can be detected. But using covert mode is probably a better bet, may have been the script you were using?

In the last 2 days ive received 2 temp bans and the strange thing is, i was perfectly fine until i logged in on the bot client.

Once I log in, about 2-3 seconds later I DC'd and tryed to log back in and receive a msg that my acc's have been disabled.

Almost as if jagex knew i logged into a bot client..eerie!

I bought VIP when I first joined and started using covert mode around 2-3 weeks after I joined, before using covert mode i had no issues, since then Ive received a total of 4 bans, 2 being permanent.

I love RS as we all do and i cant not bot, therefore i will quit using covert mode in roughly 2 days XD

I cant as of yet say Id recommend using it or not however.

That is very interesting.

In all honesty I did have reservations regarding covert mode, I will not use it, I hardly doubt it was the script as some of the free scripts I have used were the most simplistic scripts ever, when you leave them on sometimes for 20 hours in a row for weeks on end and still don't get banned points the finger towards 'covert mode'.

However I will not know for certain and none of us will. I will desist with using covert mode and happily start botting again after my temp ban, albeit with breaks added this time.

It would be good for a 'techy' person to explain the likelihood of an account being caught botting after being found out, how long, or if at all, they monitor you etc.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have been botting using all the free scripts for around six months now, averaging around 10 hours a day or so missing some days here and there.

I have gained eight 99's in this time.

I thought I would become a VIP so,I read the information regarding 'covert mode', had mixed feelings about it but thought; 'hey why not'.

I activated covert mode and after one day of botting I have received a 48 hour ban.

Is this coincidence or is using covert mode actually worse than just standard botting?

As you can tell I am very disappointed and dissatisfied with this ban, however as we all know Runescape's rules, we cant complain much.

I just wanted to hear peoples own stories about using covert mode.

Deuv 

Do u use a proxy?

In the last 2 days ive received 2 temp bans and the strange thing is, i was perfectly fine until i logged in on the bot client.

Once I log in, about 2-3 seconds later I DC'd and tryed to log back in and receive a msg that my acc's have been disabled.

I bought VIP when I first joined and started using covert mode around 2-3 weeks after I joined, before using covert mode i had no issues, since then Ive received a total of 4 bans, 2 being permanent.

I love RS as we all do and i cant not bot, therefore i will quit using covert mode in roughly 2 days XD

did you use a proxy and did u receive a ip ban?

I highly doubt that they can detect the Dreambot client since I have an account that I use to play exclusively on this client, even botted but very moderately, and its been going strong for months.

That is very interesting.

In all honesty I did have reservations regarding covert mode, I will not use it, I hardly doubt it was the script as some of the free scripts I have used were the most simplistic scripts ever, when you leave them on sometimes for 20 hours in a row for weeks on end and still don't get banned points the finger towards 'covert mode'.

However I will not know for certain and none of us will. I will desist with using covert mode and happily start botting again after my temp ban, albeit with breaks added this time.

It would be good for a 'techy' person to explain the likelihood of an account being caught botting after being found out, how long, or if at all, they monitor you etc.

Any ideas?

I've used covert since day 1 of getting VIP and I've been getting mixed results.  Some accounts last weeks and some get banned the next day. Honestly, I think it all comes down the variables of the script being used, the activity being botted and the location in which you bot.  Hell, I've even read guides that suggest lvling random skills/getting qp to avoid looking like a bot and to survive longer; yet, I've had lvl 3's with 0 qp last for 2 bonds.

In short, experimentation is key :P  

In my personal experience,i experienced more bans when using covert mode,so i turned it off,but some people swear by covert mode and it has worked really well for them.

Archived