Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • CLI - Low resource mode/headless mode

Xerifios

I just saw what the Dreambot 3 would bring and it looks really nice, but for goldfarmers it's not efficient for the CPU. 

Since the CLI (QuickStart) is for VIP+ only, it didn't look like a bad idea to suggest something that would strip all "extra's" from the client and just run the rs client + account/proxy manager and the scripts. No extra tabs, etc.

Ofcourse the headless client might be something different since that would mean the user should be 100% sure the script works without any flaw.

This would bring only more advantages for the botters, and since the CLI is a VIP+ only feature, this will probably encourage people to buy the VIP/Sponsor ranks even more.

It wont lower the CPU usage as much as you think, trust me ;)

it does lower the CPU usage and the lower it is the more bots you can run, even if it's for a few percentages for some people it would mean it could run a dozen more clients.

EDIT: Also, do you really think a headless client wouldn't change the CPU usage significantly, then sir why do people host servers all through CLI while they also have an option to add a nice and beautiful GUI. Because it saves CPU usage and Memory usage.

I think you overestimate how much cpu usage the UI uses.

But we already have that on its way to be implemented (stripping extra UI stuff) don't worry :P Noto has done very extensive work in the UI area

I think you overestimate how much cpu usage the UI uses.

But we already have that on its way to be implemented (stripping extra UI stuff) don't worry :P Noto has done very extensive work in the UI area

Yeah I also forgot to add Memory usage I edited my last reply and great to hear. It is the headless client that would change CPU usage for the better and a stripped version of UI would lowere Memory usage for the better. 

Nonetheless great to hear :D

Yeah I also forgot to add Memory usage I edited my last reply and great to hear. It is the headless client that would change CPU usage for the better and a stripped version of UI would lowere Memory usage for the better. 

Nonetheless great to hear :D

Not sure what you mean for headless client, if you mean no UI at all we're not going to be doing that. That'd either enter the area of packet botting (which is a lot more work and a completely separate bot) or everything is still rendering RS side and wouldn't save much CPU at all. Not to mention raising the risk of botting unless further research was put into it.

Not sure what you mean for headless client, if you mean no UI at all we're not going to be doing that. That'd either enter the area of packet botting (which is a lot more work and a completely separate bot) or everything is still rendering RS side and wouldn't save much CPU at all. Not to mention raising the risk of botting unless further research was put into it.

Yes with headless client I mean no UI at all, only a command prompt. The risks of using this is high, but is only advised to use when completely certain the script you're using is flawless. 

No problem, this all is just a suggestion :).

Yes with headless client I mean no UI at all, only a command prompt. The risks of using this is high, but is only advised to use when completely certain the script you're using is flawless. 

No problem, this all is just a suggestion :).

It's not a risk with the script, although that does play a large part. It's a risk in what data RS gets when you don't have any of it visible. I would imagine most of it stays the same as if you were rendering everything but I haven't done any testing to see if that's true.

And as far as your server CLI vs server rendering everything, operating systems are completely different.

The main thing is that even if *you're* not rendering the game, the game still is. Which is why you wouldn't get much benefit out of a headless client unless it was a full packet bot that wasn't fully running the game. There are easy ways for us to disable the rendering (which will be in db3) that will save you much more than a headless mode would.

I appreciate all suggestions though ;)

It's not a risk with the script, although that does play a large part. It's a risk in what data RS gets when you don't have any of it visible. I would imagine most of it stays the same as if you were rendering everything but I haven't done any testing to see if that's true.

And as far as your server CLI vs server rendering everything, operating systems are completely different.

The main thing is that even if *you're* not rendering the game, the game still is. Which is why you wouldn't get much benefit out of a headless client unless it was a full packet bot that wasn't fully running the game. There are easy ways for us to disable the rendering (which will be in db3) that will save you much more than a headless mode would.

I appreciate all suggestions though ;)

Alright :D can't wait to see db3, if I ever would know another suggestion I'll post it for sure :)

I knew the headless one woudnt save alot of CPU :doge:

As I've stated in my reply I said "Memory". It will drop for atleast 50mb/client and that I am sure of that. If you really knew, you would've said the argument instead of farming postcount here.

Archived