Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Maybe a noob question about botting overall, but i need confirmation!

Cardozz

Hey guys,

I've been working secretly on a huge needed script. I'm in the stage of finishing up the core algorithm and soon looking to test the script.

However, i need to pull some data from the game which is not available on the internet. I might need to do this with an account i care about and i don't want to even risk a (minor) ban. I will pull the data manually, so nothing botting related is involved. So my question: is using any other third party client (such as DB's client) ban-able? Like nobody has to know it's used to pull some data, but just overall. Is it ban-able to use any other client besides OSbuddy and RuneLoader or something?

Thanks for any answers! :D

Hey guys,

I've been working secretly on a huge needed script. I'm in the stage of finishing up the core algorithm and soon looking to test the script.

However, i need to pull some data from the game which is not available on the internet. I might need to do this with an account i care about and i don't want to even risk a (minor) ban. I will pull the data manually, so nothing botting related is involved. So my question: is using any other third party client (such as DB's client) ban-able? Like nobody has to know it's used to pull some data, but just overall. Is it ban-able to use any other client besides OSbuddy and RuneLoader or something?

Thanks for any answers! :D

i saw a dude cry to weath for his main being banned cuz he used runeloader lol. 

i saw a dude cry to weath for his main being banned cuz he used runeloader lol. 

So they actually CAN detect the client you're using? :P

So they actually CAN detect the client you're using? :P

some ppl say yes some say no

maybe runeloader does something tht makes it detectable who knows. ive never used runeloader and never will lol

Very true.. I'm just wondering if i put my account at risk by playing legitimate on a bot client lol

I'm doing it for the exact same reason you are, I haven't been banned so far (doing it for a long long time)

As far as I'm aware they do not detect what client you're using. The people who complain about being banned playing legit are not actually playing legit.

There was one large banwave or something involving runeloader and runemate (I think?) where people using runeloader were getting banned for macro major, and jagex said it was a mistake with a similarly named botting client.

They do some gamepack verification with reflection, mostly to get method names, field names, class names, etc of their gamepack to make sure it's not being tampered with. So clients that used injection to change names or play with the hierarchy of the gamepack classes were probably at risk (if they didn't use a clean loader)

However we don't use injection anyway, and no field names, method names, class names, or any of that is changed :P

I would assume you're safe to play legit on any 3rd party client but the risk of ban is probably always there. I mean I've played legit on a modified gamepack with straight up changed everything and the account didn't get banned (though it did stop registering my interactions :( ) after months of testing (every time i made a new deob)

As long as you're not doing anything suspicious (like using autoclickers) you should be fine, there's no reason they'd even look at your account if you're actually playing legit.

As far as I'm aware they do not detect what client you're using. The people who complain about being banned playing legit are not actually playing legit.

There was one large banwave or something involving runeloader and runemate (I think?) where people using runeloader were getting banned for macro major, and jagex said it was a mistake with a similarly named botting client.

They do some gamepack verification with reflection, mostly to get method names, field names, class names, etc of their gamepack to make sure it's not being tampered with. So clients that used injection to change names or play with the hierarchy of the gamepack classes were probably at risk (if they didn't use a clean loader)

However we don't use injection anyway, and no field names, method names, class names, or any of that is changed :P

I would assume you're safe to play legit on any 3rd party client but the risk of ban is probably always there. I mean I've played legit on a modified gamepack with straight up changed everything and the account didn't get banned (though it did stop registering my interactions :( ) after months of testing (every time i made a new deob)

As long as you're not doing anything suspicious (like using autoclickers) you should be fine, there's no reason they'd even look at your account if you're actually playing legit.

Yeah, RuneLoader is in the area of Osbuddy/Konduit. RuneMate is another botting client (namely for RS3). 

Archived