Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • How to use Proxies/VPN/VPS and what's the difference?

adirtygaspump

So, I've searched and searched and searched, only to finally break down and make a forum post.

How the hell do you use proxies/vpn/vps? I read about Avira which provides a free VPN service, but it didn't provide any info for the port, username or password. It just starts the program with a giant button that says connect, then boom, my IP is now a different German one.

So I suppose my question is;

Where do I get a VPN that wil give me the port, username and password to put in dreambot? Or will connecting via Avira hide me as long as I connect before I launch the client? Also, if someone is feeling generous, could you point me out to resources so I can better understand how they work? I see all kinds of buzzwords like "tunneling" and stuff like that, and I have no idea what it means.

Proxy change ur ip, vpn change ur ip, vps is a virtual pc that you can run different stuff,  for an example "Dreambot bots" :D

Vpn: change ur ip on whole computer so just start that then run dreambot,

Proxy: add the proxy to dreambot launcher.   oh yeah use socks5 proxy for botting :)

Vps: isnt that easy to explain but i do recommend checkingout dreamlickers guide

Proxy change ur ip, vpn change ur ip, vps is a virtual pc that you can run different stuff,  for an example "Dreambot bots" :D

Vpn: change ur ip on whole computer so just start that then run dreambot,

Proxy: add the proxy to dreambot launcher.   oh yeah use socks5 proxy for botting :)

Vps: isnt that easy to explain but i do recommend checkingout dreamlickers guide

Thanks man! I'll definitely check out his guide.

vps is a virtual computer you can connect to 24/7 for a monthly fee. the advantages is you do not pay for the electricity etc used for the computer

very handy for running your bots, since you do not have to use your own computer not to mention running bots on your home PC and using high cpu is never good for your pc in the long run.. ;)

Archived