Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dispute against Dreamlicker

chandlerethan

I was told I would need to take a test before gaining Scripter+ rank.

I contacted Dreamlicker on Skype to begin the test.

The pastebin of the test parameters has been deleted.

bc00dfd03ef944dc8e73b04914406b95.png

I followed the directions and gave him my code here. -removed-

He said I didn't follow the directions because I used an -removed-. I then told him I would redo it the way he wanted.

724c2e03dacd4fee8887d68776a00e82.png

img removed

After he asked if that was my code I told him it was. He then asked why he found the -removed- on google. I told him I used google to help me. The code was not the same as I had to change quite a few things for -removed- to be compatible with the test, therefore the code was no longer the same as what I found on google.

He then said I failed because the method wasn't my code and we had a debate on how the certain code for a -removed- could be done. He then said I could re-apply in 14 days in which I told him no, it was a joke.

I should have passed the test, and shouldn't have been failed for looking something up on google and then changing the code to fit the test. All of the other code is 100% mine.

Even if I had copied the code exactly without changing anything, that was not one of the preset rules laid out before the test. If my dispute is declined, I feel I should still be able to have a retake that doesn't make me wait 14 days.

Finally, I think the point of the test is to show your competency as a programmer, which I did. In fact, the first code I gave him did the job the same way as the second, except the first time I was using things that I was more familiar with. If I'm failed because of such a small issue, I think that either someone else should be giving the test, or the rules need to be more clear before someone takes the test.

Dispute denied.

I saw the code you used and it was a direct copy/paste, the only change I saw was the parameter types.

shouldn't have been failed for looking something up on google and then changing the code to fit the test ... Even if I had copied the code exactly without changing anything, that was not one of the preset rules laid out before the test

Google's a useful tool, but if you merely copy and paste code it doesn't show you're a competent programmer, it just shows you know how to copy and paste.

We shouldn't have to explicitly say that you can't copy/paste code, it's common sense.

In fact, the first code I gave him did the job the same way as the second, except the first time I was using things that I was more familiar with. If I'm failed because of such a small issue, I think that either someone else should be giving the test, or the rules need to be more clear before someone takes the test.

If the test says to use an array and clearly says what to write, you shouldn't be surprised that when you don't follow those instructions it's rejected, this again falls under common sense.

You can take it again in 12 days.

Archived