Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • VPS recommendations?

diltune

Let me tell you something before you type.

1. I'm a windows fag and I don't know basic coding.

2. I obviously need best cost/performance, but also usable to a pleb like me

3. I want to run 10 accounts at a time

I don't know if I need more than one vps, what specs will run x amount of bots, where I should be looking ect.

Yes, I know linux or ubuntu runs better, should I learn how to code and then get one or just stick with windows vps?

Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you!

You should upgrade your PC. A VPS with that power costs like 40$ per month. You could just buy 8 gb ram with that money. 

That way you don't really lose any money if your farm gets banned. Also get private proxies. :P

I used a VPS a few years ago and noticed how my accounts got banned way faster than on my home ip. I was running 3 accounts on my home ip and 1 on the vps. 

windows azure offers them I think, I dont think they're cheap though.

I'd recommend searching around on google because not many people give good providers away =p

Sorry mate these suggestions are -_-

1. Windows Azure is aimed at companies not small ones but big ones so they gonna overcharge for what they provide. DO NOT USE THEM

2. It won't cost $40/month, it costs me $15 to run 12 accounts constantly.

2nd Trader was right you won't be hand held this information.

Azure is quite possibly the worse suggestion based on how much it's going to cost you. Azure is aimed at enterprize-level companies needing fast, scalable cloud computing.

For the best performance you will need to get hold of a VPS that can support a Linux distribution (centos or debian) and then depending on the bot you may want each bot to have a minimum of 512-1gb of ram so you will need a minimum of 8gb for your 8 bots.

You need to do some maths and after you run one bot, see how much cpu % and memory % you're using and then divide that among your 8 bots. I think you'll be looking at around 2gb ram, 1 to 2 cpu cores and a small amount of disk space for $10-$15 a month. Expect an 8gb, quad core server to be running around $20+ per month.

I recommend https://www.server4you.net/virtual-server they have some decent prices for the hardware on offer. I think there is a bandwidth limitation but I think it's a decent size.

Archived