Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • User FAQ

Dreamlicker

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I receive and activate a trial for a premium script?

Contact the scripter, either by private message or posting on the thread for the script of which you'd like to receive a trial, and then wait for their response. Once they have responded, click the "Refresh All" button in the script selector. It should now show up under your Premium Scripts tab.

What are the ban rates?

There are no defined ban rates for any script, client, or program that you may be interested in using. Anyone who claims otherwise is lying.

What is a proxy?

A proxy is a tool that can be used to change the IP address of your DreamBot client's bots. This will make it so that Jagex thinks you are logging in from a different location which is helpful if you are running many bots. A Socks5 proxy is required for DreamBot.

What is a VPS?

A VPS is a Virtual Private Server. They are used to run DreamBot and scripts for extended periods of time, typically by gold farmers. This allows them to leave the VPS (and their bots) running for as long as they want without harming their ability to use their computer.

A VPS is simply a virtual computer.

How do I become a scripter? What about scripter+/++?

Release a free script on the SDN and you will gain the scripter rank. For more info, please check here.

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php/forum-180/announcement-11-scripter-application-template/

Where can I find scripts to use?

To browse the full selection of scripts on DreamBot, check out the SDN! You can click the link below or click "Scripts" at the top of your page.

https://dreambot.org/sdn

To find premium scripts, try out the Store! It is also at the top of your screen and is linked below.

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php/store/

How do I open DreamBot?

To open DreamBot, you need Java. DreamBot and Runescape are both written in Java, but sometimes you may be able to run the official Runescape client without being able to open the DreamBot client. Please refer to the section about JDK below.

Make sure you have the latest launcher by clicking Download at the top of your screen. If you cannot find this link, it is below. Once you have the launcher, note that it is a .jar file. This means it is a Java executable, which means you should be able to simply click the file to open it. If it does not work, try installing the JDK from here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index-jsp-138363.html

(Make sure to restart your computer after installing Java or the JDK! This is required!)

PS: The JDK is the "Java Development Kit". It's what you need if you want to write programs in Java, but on some configurations of computers it is required to use DreamBot.

https://dreambot.org/DreamBotLauncher.php

Missing a question that you think is important? Let me know below.

A proxy is a tool that can be used to change the IP address...

This isn't strictly true. A proxy or a proxy server is basically another computer that serves as a hub through which internet requests are processed, by this your computer sends the requests to the proxy which then processes your requests.

You can still add a lot of questions like: Where can I get Java and what version is needed, How do I run Dreambot? How do I add scripts? etc.

This isn't strictly true. A proxy or a proxy server is basically another computer that serves as a hub through which internet requests are processed, by this your computer sends the requests to the proxy which then processes your requests.

I'm sure he knows that, but he has just worded it to be understood by the average user. I think his definition works fine because all the kids getting banned want to hear is that they can use a proxy to "change their IP address" (which means jagex sees a different IP address than their own) and it does serve that purpose.

I'm sure he knows that, but he has just worded it to be understood by the average user. I think his definition works fine because all the kids getting banned want to hear is that they can use a proxy to "change their IP address" (which means jagex sees a different IP address than their own) and it does serve that purpose.

This is exactly the intention with the answers. They are designed to explain to the average user who is not computer savvy what certain things are that they will frequently see mentioned on the forums and in chat =]

• 8 months later...
    • 6 months later...

I'm having a bit of an issue; how does one activate the paint for scripts? When I've botted in the past paint was always default on; however none of the scripts I've used have had that setting.