Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Designing JFrame/JPanel

Banker

Hey so im looking for something that i can use to create GUIs for my script. I know NetBeans offers one but i much prefer to use Eclipse for my development, and NetBeans is a complete last option if nothing else works.

I'm looking for something like Visual Studio but for Java instead.

Thanks.

use the windowbuilder in eclipse  http://download.eclipse.org/windowbuilder/WB/integration/4.4/...go to eclipse-help-install new software-add that url, then select all and finish

Ah okay, thanks :)

Do not make GUIs they are annoying. Just kidding, use Windowbuilder plugin for Eclipse. I am not sure if there is one that works with Eclipse Neon.

Im using Mars :wacko:

Do not make GUIs they are annoying. Just kidding, use Windowbuilder plugin for Eclipse. I am not sure if there is one that works with Eclipse Neon.

i use neon and the link i posted works in neon :D

i use neon and the link i posted works in neon :D

Yeah i went on the website and got the version for mars :P was looking at it before but didnt know how to install it, thanks for the help with it :P

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/ bc gui builders produce bad code.

As long as it works ill be fine, ill tidy the code up myself its just positioning each element of it that i really cba with.

If you want a good GUI, write it yourself. It not only helps you learn, it also lets you customize it far more than if you were to use a builder. Also as someone who used GUI builders for scripts a long time ago; I would still recommend you learn to write them by hand, instead of letting other people/programs do it for you.

GUIs suck to make if you aren't familiar with all of the components, use Eclipse's window builder instead B)

note: Once you know the components/layout stuff, it's much faster to make it yourself.

Archived