Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • The Long Dark

Dreamlicker

I just got this game a few days ago and I've been completely absorbed by it (after dying twice and struggling to figure out how to survive =p)

It's set in the Northern Canadian wilderness after your plane crashes.

Anyone else play it? So far I'm just playing a normal Voyager run on Mystery Lake (haven't ventured to another zone yet). Currently working on finding a rifle or some arrows so I can check out the dam ;)

Currently on day 19 on my third attempt =]

Link on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/305620/

dpspUrG.jpg

It's like a survival game?

Looks kinda cool, and very pretty.

Yeah it's purely survival/exploration. There's a lot of depth to the gameplay that isn't apparent at first (you have skills that advance and provide you with an easier time surviving) as well as things such as abandoned apocalypse prepper bunkers, homes, and industrial areas. 

There are (4 or 5?) different zones you can start in and they all connect to each other as well. I've played for 8 hours so far and I haven't even gotten close to feeling like moving to the next zone.

It's really pretty and atmospheric. It's set in the northern Canadian wilderness and holds pretty true to the landscape, fauna, and flora that those areas contain as I believe all of the developers live in Canada.

If exploring a frozen, desolate wilderness filled with the threats of freezing, starvation, dehydration, wolves, and bears sounds fun to you, then it's only $20 =]

It's like a survival game?

Looks kinda cool, and very pretty.

The wallpaper looks good, but it's not as good as it looks imo. I don't like the "comic book" looking games.

The wallpaper looks good, but it's not as good as it looks imo. I don't like the "comic book" looking games.

Photo realistic graphics aren't really an option for smaller development studios. Personally, I find that the art style adds a certain level of enchantment to the game world.

Photo realistic graphics aren't really an option for smaller development studios. Personally, I find that the art style adds a certain level of enchantment to the game world.

I personally don't like photo-realistic games as much as stylized texturing. They are both good, though I love the animated feel stylized gives. This game is great, though if it looked like this game, I would be in love:

firewatch_150305_06.png

I agree. I honestly do believe it's a good game, but just the graphical approach doesn't fit my needs :P

I personally don't like photo-realistic games as much as stylized texturing. They are both good, though I love the animated feel stylized gives. This game is great, though if it looked like this game, I would be in love:

Agreed.

Archived